Remodel & Renovate in 94521>Question Details

Taka Kumi, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

How much does it cost to widen a window?

Asked by Taka Kumi, Walnut Creek, CA Sun Mar 11, 2012

Currently the windows are about 2' tall and 3' wide, I would like to make it like 3' tall and 5' wide, so that more natural lights can come inside the house. I would also like to have dual-pane windows. How much does it cost approximately for this project?

Answers

2
The Exterior of the house is important on the pricing range. If you have stucco and can do painted wood trim. Estimate $ 2,000.
It is depends on many things like what is the wall finish inside (sheetrock, plaster, tiles...) and outside (wood siding, vinyl siding, stucco...), also price of the widows can very. For basic standard you need to calculate min. $300 (window and labor) for retrofit (fits into old opening) and min. $600 (labor and materials) for installing a bigger window. Installing a smaller one could be more expensive. If you need free estimate please let me know. I can send one of the contractors I work with. Low price and good job guaranteed. And of course if you or anybody you know needs real estate service I be glad to do business with you. All referrals are greatly appreciated. Should you have more questions you can shoot me an email.

Konrad Ostachiewicz
Office: 925-476-8210
Fax: 925-429-5892
AccreditedBrokers.com