Question Details

Wondering, Other/Just Looking in 34235

How do you renovate a home in florida if you live in Massachusetts???

Asked by Wondering, 34235 Fri Oct 15, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


I would recommend you hire a licensed contractor. If you are unsure of who to use ask friends or family in the area for a referral to one. It is important you outline with the contractor exactly what you expect of them, especially being so far away. If you know someone in the area ask them to check in on a regular basis. I have several clients I have overseen property renovations for. It is important not to just hear what is going on but to have someone viewing the progress.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 15, 2010
Hi Wondering. You hire a great contractor to do the work for you. You sign a contract with the scope of the work described in detail so there won't be any surprises for either party. You make sure the contractor is licensed and insured. You can have someone 'babysit' the job just to make sure you have an extra set of eyes on the project.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 15, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer