Lily, Other/Just Looking in The Villages, FL

How do I clean acrylic lanai windows?

Asked by Lily, The Villages, FL Thu Oct 14, 2010

Answers

2
Use a cleanr made specifically for acrylic windows such as Brillianize. Ask at your local home improvement center and they should be able to direct you to a product that will work. Spray on and wipe clean.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Acrylic has decent chemical resistance, but I wouldn't use anything too harsh on it. You can try Windex in a small corner to make sure that it doesn't attack the plastic. If you are worried, just use warm water and a soft sponge or rag or add a little bit of mild dish detergent to the water. Contact the manufacturer of the windows (if known) for the best answer on what they recommend. Good luck!
Window cleaning would have to be my least favorite part of spring cleaning. With your tips, though, I could probably make it a lot easier this year. I'll just have to remember the vinegar, because I usually don't use that to clean, but it sounds like it works great. http://www.hbreiter.com/
Flag Tue May 12, 2015