aanjo70, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

Hi everyone I need help I want to finish the 2nd floor in my house the roof was raise Only on one side. Any idea how much can it be ?

Asked by aanjo70, Chicago, IL Tue Feb 12, 2013

Hi everyone I need help I want to finish the 2nd floor in my house the roof was raise Only on one side and Not all the way to the end to the house. Any idea how much can it be ? any advice on a contractor (the house is very close to the midway airport) Do I need a Arquitect to approved ? Thanks in advance !!!

Answers

8
Dan Huschen is a great general contractor. Call him t 773 593 6088 for an estimate
Hello:

I am a Chicago licensed contractor. The question you have asked and in order to answer it will depend on a lot more information that you need to provide me. I have been in the business for a very long time and specialize in this type of work. I have all of the required trades to complete a job of this type and have done many in the past. Based on this feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. The best time to reach me is in the evening when I'm not in the field so in order for me to assist you and get you started with this process, we will need to talk. Also, please note that I lived at 63rd and Narragansett, so I know the area.

John G Moustis
President / Owner
SPARTAN CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN, INC.
Phone & Fax: 630-963-6020
Email: jmoustis@spartancontractor.com
Website: http://www.spartancontractor.com

Quality building, remodeling & consulting services in the Chicagoland area since 1991
How does your house compare to others on the street? Are you asking about raising more roof area or just finishing off the space there now?
Be sure the zoning and floor area ratio for your lot are checked before you spend money on plans, you want to be sure you can do the work you contract for.
You will need an architect, city permits, and a contractor. I would interview about two or three GCs and see who gives the best price and has the best references.
Yes, you an architect, contractor and get permits from the city.........dependiong on how you finish the inside, it might cost 10-20K
I suggest you talk to:

Nick Psyhogios
nick@exemplarybuilders.com
312-437-9399

Very honest and straightforward in providing solutions.
You will need an architect and a good contractor. You will need to get everything approved by the city.

Feel free to contact me for some good recommendations.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Dear AANJO70,

Yes you will need an architect to do drawings and find a licensed contractor. I have worked with a really professional contractor Eugene Fahey and his number is 773-447-9687. Who ever you choose as your contractor will have to get permits from the City of Chicago do the work.

Hope this helps.