Tom G, Both Buyer and Seller in Wyckoff, NJ

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a builder who has worked in Wyckoff?

Asked by Tom G, Wyckoff, NJ Mon Sep 13, 2010

We are looking to remodel by adding an addition over the attached garage and expanding outward and to the rear of the house. Any suggested builders in the area that are honest, up-front, and on the mark with costs? I'm asking a lot, but someone must have had a good experience.

The consideration has crossed my mind to go custom modular for the second floor over the garage. Not sure if I can mix and match with a builder to add the second floor addition and expand manually the front and rear.

Thanks!

Answers

6
Hi Tom-

So i tapped into my companies resources and here are a few top notch experts you might want to connect with:
1. Ives, Schier & Lesser 201.791.9800 Speak with Keith Lesser.
2. JB Builders. Sal Briganti 973-945-5896.
3. Thomas V. Ashbahian, 39 Spring St., Ramsey, 201-825-1220.
4. Westchester Modular Homes, Inc. at 845-832-9500 for contact.

These are just a few professionals who should be able to assist you or guide you to someone to address your needs

Sean
Jonathan Cantor from signature home builders is the best in the business and does the majority of his work in town. He tends to work on the higher end projects however. Not sure of your budget range but he is surely the best int he area.
Here is one more from my Broker Owner. Please feel free to chat with him as well as he is top notch:

John J Gilchrist AIA
John Gilchrist Architect PC
210 Summit Avenue A3 Montvale NJ 07645
201 573 1877
http://www.JohnJGilchristArchitectPC.com
Thank you Sean for detailed answers. I now have 6 total referrals, two of which were made by homeowners and their own preferred selection. I will investigate the top 3 local builders that you suggested and my own. Have a Happy Holiday Season and I'll let you know how things turn out in Q3 or Q4 of 2011.

Tom G.
Consider checking out your local Chamber of Commerce for licensed and reputable builders.
Hi Tom- Sounds like you will need help on three levels: An architect to map out options of how your renovation and build will look. This is important because curb appeal should be considered should you chose to sell. Your renovations should sell to a broad market. Then a structural engineer who can look at items like load, support and how to tie the pieces successfully together, and a builder who understands how to put it together. I have put a request out to my colleagues and will get you a few recommendations shortly. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sean Farley