Remodel & Renovate in 11209>Question Details

Sanni, Home Buyer in 11209

Dear Experts: Recommendation request for a responsible licenced contractor for replacing carpetted floor with wooden flooring for a small bedroom.

Asked by Sanni, 11209 Thu Feb 17, 2011

we are buying a co-op in Bayridge and plan to move in after the renovation work is completed. The plan is for the contractor to start on the renovation work IMMEDIATELY after closing ( expected date is end of feb or 1st week of march). We will be playing both mortgage and rent for couple of days till the work is completed and will be giving our current landlord the exact date of leaving based on contractors time estimate. Hence we want a really GOOD, fast working and trustworthy contractor...who will stick to the schedule. please give contact info if you know of such a person. Thank you in advance. This is our first home and we are very excited and hoping for a smooth and fast work completion.

Answers

8
A company that has an excellent reputation both at restoring and installing wood floors is Verrazano Flooring. There website is http://www.verrazanoflooring.com/verrazano/asp/default.asp.

Good luck with your purchase. Make sure that you have the permission of your coop to install the floors and follow the house rules regarding work times, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
Hi Sunny,

I have a very good recommendation for someone several of my customers have used in the past.

Designati NY Construction
http://www.designatiny.com/
Person you need to speak to is Fizel. His phone # is 917-698-0626.
He is professional, licensed which is what any Co-op board request from anyone working on your apartment.

Feel free to shop around for quotes. If you do decide to give them a call, please mention my name which usually resolves in more competitive pricing without it effecting the qualify of work they provide.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
Dear Sunny:

Given that you are buying a co-op I want to point out that you may need to get permission from the board before you actually do any renovations. Check into that because you do not want to have a problem where they force you to stop the work midway through the job! Some co-ops also have rules regarding the days and times when the renovation can be done so again check that out.

If you want it done fast I would suggest you get in touch with Empire Carpet and Floors, they are the ones you see the commercials for on television. You can reach them at 800-588-2300 or online at http://www.EmpireToday.com. They come by and give you a free estimate right away and usually they can do the job the next day or you can schedule it at a later date if you like. I used them and they did a great job. The prices were not the lowest but also not bad at all considering that they came the next day after the estimate and did the job in one day.

Good luck and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
We used Verrazano Flooring about 8 years ago with very good results.

Bonnie Chernin and David Rogoff
Fillmore Real Estate Branch #19
2926 Avenue J
Brooklyn NY 11210
917-593-4068 (David’s Cell)
646-318-5031 (Bonnie’s Cell)
davidrogoff@fillmore.com

PS Avoid Multicraft in Queens they are the worst and don't believe their A rating from the BBB we had a horrible experience.
Hi i see that your in search of a reliable and trustworthy contractor! I can personally recommend you someone. He has been doing all types of carpentry for over 20 years. Please give me a call for further details!! Thanks, Adriana 646-209-5911/email: asiesser@madisonestates.com
Don't forge the permission from the management. Have you tried Lowes the have in house contractors and great deals on flooring.
Hey Sunny, congrats! finally having the process coming to a close. Good job! I can definitely recommend a few numbers and believe me, they are not my cousins. Please give me a call (3470 207-3868
Check with the board before considering any renovations, and you may wish to ask them for a recommendation, oftentimes complexes do have lists of preferred contractors--also ask friends, family, co-workers, local Chamber of Commerce etc., for possible recommendations.