Almond, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Cost per square foot for an addition...

Asked by Almond, San Jose, CA Sun Jul 8, 2012

Hello Everyone,
How much is building cost per square foot for addition in San Jose area? How do I choose a good contractor? I'd like to hear anyone's experience of a good builder.
Thanks!

Answers

2
Hello Almond,
In my experience as a residential designer and licensed general contractor, single story additions over a raised floor system run from $85-$125/SF. A concrete slab on grade per square foot cost would range in the 10%-20% less respectively. It's all dependent on the level of finish you're looking for.
If you need any further information or some help with the design and permit documents, please visit my site at http://www.davidorozcoassoc.com. Consultations are always free and I always time for your leads.

David Orozco
David Orozco Associates
The cost varies within a rather wide range. Factors that will have a large influence the cost are issues such as how you will tie the addition into the existing roof and foundation, what kind of finish work you want, what kind of heating and cooling you want.. Will there be additional bathrooms included in the addition, and etc.

A good contractor that I recommend is Martin Grove.

The telephone number for Mr. Grove is: (650)464-6099.