Katie Daire, Home Owner in Piedmont Pines, Oakl...

Contractor for new bathroom in Oakland Hills?

Asked by Katie Daire, Piedmont Pines, Oakland, CA Wed Jul 3, 2013

We want to add a new bathroom to our home, and are looking for any contractor/designer/architect recommendations. The house is in the Oakland Hills, and ideally the bathroom would be built in the space on the bottom floor that opens into a random dirt "room" that's the hill we're built into (like most Montclair/Piedmont Pines homes I've seen--not sure how else to describe it!).

Any recommendations of where to start or experiences others have had would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi Katie -

Happy New Year! You may have already completed your bathroom addition by now, but this is still a relevant question as my clients often ask for contractor recommendations so I wanted to post a response. I have personally used Alward Construction for a large renovation/addition, and they are fantastic. They are based out of Berkeley. I highly recommend reaching out to Keith Alward and his team.

780 San Luis Road
Berkeley, CA 94707-2030
Telephone: 510-527-6498

I recommend:

Brian Rose
Watermark Builders, Inc.
Steven Swan of Swan Building is a great contractor who will work with your budget to produce the best result. His phone is 510.410.1650.
Hi Katie,

I highly recommend Karen Dinardo with Dinardo Design & Construction. She has extensive experience with bathroom and kitchen remodels in the Oakland Hills and her work is top notch. She is very reliable and detail oriented, below is a link to her website.

Best of luck with the bathroom addition!

-Cheyenne Ward