Remodel & Renovate in Denver>Question Details

jdenler18, Both Buyer and Seller in Denver, CO

Can you build a outdoor fire place in the city of Denver?

Asked by jdenler18, Denver, CO Thu Jan 17, 2013

Not a firepit, but an actual fireplace with a chimney, outside in Denver

Answers

5
Ann Hershfeldt’s answer
David Cox is correct, only gas burning fire places and fire pits are allowed in the City and County of Denver due to health concerns related to the smoke from wood burning fires!

Ann Hershfeldt, Realtor
Your Castle Real Estate
ahershfeldt@gmail.com
It is obvious to me that David Cox knows what he is talking about...I would listen to his advice if I were you.

Mark Scanlan/Broker Associate
Brokers Guild Cherry Creek Ltd.
Yes, but it can only be a gas fireplace, no wood burning in Denver. The brown cloud is bad enough already. Plus, gas fire places and fire pits are very versatile, clean and can put out plenty of heat.

You can have anything from a standard looking fireplace to having the gas bubble-up through a pool of water, or anything in between, and it’s also hard to beat the ease of use.

For now, gas is plentiful and cheap. Wood is expensive and hard to store (you wouldn't believe the bug problems and mold damage I've seen from stacking wood against a building).

Esthetically, it may rub you wrong way, but all in all, it's a good choice.

I hope that helps!
Yes you can and Denver might require a permit. Check out the company concrete seven they have built some cools one for past clients of mine. Have fun it should be a great project.
Jim Hendry
Hi jdenler18,

I have seen these at houses. Check out the website for the city and county of Denver for regulations and whether you will need a permit at http://www.denvergov.org/

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I do know contractors that would do an excellent job if you need something like that built.

Call me if I can help at 303-856-8980.

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
RealEstateColroadoNow.com
DenverRealEstateNow.com
TopDenverLuxuryHomes.com