Remodel & Renovate in Totowa>Question Details

Colleen, Home Buyer in Passaic County, NJ

Can anyone tell me where to find a salvage yard. I'm in Totowa sect. of New Jersey. Looking for kitchen cabinets. (on a budget).

Asked by Colleen, Passaic County, NJ Wed Oct 14, 2009

Husband and I are first time home buyers. Purchased a home with NO kitchen cabinets, and counter space. We are VERY handy (by trade), and are looking to "do it ourselves", but are trying like everyone else in this economy,to save money. Having a hard time finding used, refurbished cabinets.

Answers

3
Did you try looking on craigslist? There is a free section of craigslist where people basically offer stuff that they cannot sell and are putting it curbside for anyone to take.

Also check the sale part of the site as well

If you feel the need to go to lowes to buy some, email me at sean.dawes@lnf.com with your email address and I will email you a Lowe's 10% off coupon you can use

Sean Dawes
The kitchen place across the stree from the Memorial School on Totowa Road is selling his samples. They are very nice and since you are handy you might be able to configure to your kitchen.
Web Reference: http://www.erarealtynj.com
There used to be an outlet where they sold cabinets from orders that were cancelled. It was just off Rte 46 in Parsippany - right by Changebridge rd I think behind the Spanish Restaurant. I bought some there but that was awhile ago.
You are not g0ing to find used cabinets. As one who has demo'd a number of kitchens over the years I can tell you that its impossible to remove them without destroying them
And if you want to buy used appliances - which is where you can find bargains there is a place in Newark right on Rte 21 where you can get them Think its called American appliance.