SmallSpaces, Other/Just Looking in Ann Arbor, MI

Can I remove an interior non-load bearing wall without a building permit in Montgomery County, Maryland?

Asked by SmallSpaces, Ann Arbor, MI Sun Jan 29, 2012

We have already had a structural engineer look at the house and confirm the wall is not load bearing...

Help the community by answering this question:


The long answer: it depends. Usually, work like that would not require a building permit. However, if other work is going on besides this demo work, you might need a permit. It is best to always hire a contractor to do remodeling work because they will not only do all of the demo and renovations but they should be responsible for obtaining all of the necessary permits.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 6, 2012
SmallSpaces, Call or visit your local building will be in your City/County offices. They will be able to provide you immediate and accurate answers to your question.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 31, 2012
I agree with Gregorio, we are not licensed to be lawyers, doctors or engineers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 29, 2012
I'm pretty sure a REALTOR® or MLO is not qualified to answer this and would be seriously negligent to do so.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 29, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer