SmallSpaces, Other/Just Looking in Ann Arbor, MI

Can I remove an interior non-load bearing wall without a building permit in Montgomery County, Maryland?

Asked by SmallSpaces, Ann Arbor, MI Sun Jan 29, 2012

We have already had a structural engineer look at the house and confirm the wall is not load bearing...

Answers

4
The long answer: it depends. Usually, work like that would not require a building permit. However, if other work is going on besides this demo work, you might need a permit. It is best to always hire a contractor to do remodeling work because they will not only do all of the demo and renovations but they should be responsible for obtaining all of the necessary permits.
SmallSpaces, Call or visit your local building inspector....it will be in your City/County offices. They will be able to provide you immediate and accurate answers to your question.
I agree with Gregorio, we are not licensed to be lawyers, doctors or engineers.
I'm pretty sure a REALTOR® or MLO is not qualified to answer this and would be seriously negligent to do so.