Remodel & Renovate in 02116>Question Details

Bruce Wolfeld, Home Owner in Boston, MA

Building a roof deck in Boston/Back Bay

Asked by Bruce Wolfeld, Boston, MA Thu Jul 18, 2013

Searching for a contractor that can construct a roof deck on a 4 story building in Boston. Any suggestions or recommendations would be most helpful. Thank you!

Answers

5
I would suggest that you contact the roofing contractor that put the roof on the building - that way if there are any issues with the roof deck causing leaks there will be no finger pointing, particularly if the roof is under warranty. In many cases, if anything is placed on the roof that was not part of the original scope of work for the roof, the roofing company may be able to void the warranty. If the roof is older, you may want to consider replacing the roof prior to installing the roof deck.

Also, make sure the contractor is responsible for pulling permits and getting any reviews / authorization for historical commissions as part of the contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 18, 2013
I like the way Gary thinks down below .. it could save you lots of money in the long run. You may be a bit shocked at the sticker price for the deck , permits and the crane to get the material to the top of the building. Good luck
Joe from TNT remodeling is good and reasonably priced always.
Please contact me if you want his info.
Jeff McArdle is very good and local to Boston.
617.596.1988
Joe Finn - (617) 596-6806. Excellent contractor.