Remodel & Renovate in Boise>Question Details

Jonna Weber, Real Estate Pro in Meridian, ID

Boise investors/real estate professionals: Any recommendations for great pricing on carpets locally? Installers? Thank you!

Asked by Jonna Weber, Meridian, ID Wed Dec 7, 2011

Answers

3
Jwinvestor,

I just installed all new carpet in my home. The best deal I found was by going through Home Depot. The installation was a flat fee of $96.00 for a superior and professional installation by their installers. I removed the old carpet and pad as their cost for this was around $400.00. The sales associate that I worked with coordinated the installation and checked back to make sure it was completed to our satisfaction.

A couple of tips:
1) Ask the sales associate for a discount. If the material cost are over $2,500 they can obtain a bid from the professional desk (we ended up with a sizable discount on the materials).
2) Go with a heavier pad as it will make the carpet last longer then the standard minimum pad. The heavier pad cost in minimal when compared to extending the life of the carpet, (This is something that I learned while doing new construction sales and while working in the building supply business.)

I can also get you signed up to receive discount coupons from another building supple store. You can contact me at fred@loc8re.com for more information on this.
Web Reference: http://www.loc8re.com
I appreciate your asking for a referral to someone local--I'm so glad to make a recommendation. I have worked with Robbie Musheno with Idaho Floor Supply for the past five years. He has his own showroom and is also an installer (and has guys who work for him), so he's a one-stop shop. He carries a wide range of products and pricing and will always do his very best to beat out the competition. Robbie installs carpet, tile, hardwood, cork marmoleum, and just about any other type of flooring. He is intelligent, honest, fair and does top-quality work with the highest level of customer service. I have referred him to numerous friends and clients who have been very happy with his work. I guess I'm one of those raving fans--I always love a chance to refer him because I know he is the BEST when it comes to a local businessman who can deliver on price, quality and service. Definitely give Robbie a call and let him bid your project! His number is 208/321-9090.
For carpet & install, try John Bovis at Industrial Floor Covering. 559-1955. They have good prices on rental quality carpet through high quality For install, call Gene Cain 284-1691. I use both regularly.
I use them through my