Remodel & Renovate in Miami>Question Details

Luz Amparo H…, Real Estate Pro in Miami, FL

As an owner can you personally renovate your own condominium without a permit?

Asked by Luz Amparo Haratyk, Miami, FL Fri May 3, 2013

Answers

5
Affordrest Restoration Services’ answer
You are not allowed to renovate with out a permit. But as a homeowner you may pull your own permits basically acting as the contractor. As long as all work is up to code you will have no problem getting a CO.
People do it all the time, it's Miami! I guess we all agree to that. Big mistake in many instances! On a resale requiring a Certificate of Re-occupancy from the City or Municipality the Owner will find himself spending a whole lot more than if he would have permitted the renovations in the first place. I have been waiting to close on a condo in North Miami for about 4 months...
My advice is to submit a request to your association first and very likely they will require permits. If for some reason they don't require it your best option is to get a permit anyway that way you won't face any potential future problems like violations when you are ready to sell your condo.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
email: AlbertSellsHomes@gmail.com

Any rehab done in the property needs permitting.

Pablo Torres
AF Realty,LLC
786-205-6988
Pabtorres@aol.com
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com
You always need a permit plus you must check with your condo association the rules and regulations as to what you can and can't do.