Newbuyer, Home Buyer in Kennedale, TX

A contractor blg a shop for us didnt pay the co who grated the site & now that co put a lien on our home but in the contractors name. Can they do?

Asked by Newbuyer, Kennedale, TX Mon Feb 20, 2012

that

Answers

5
That is covered under lien laws and I recommend you contact a real estate attorney for advice. Here is Florida if the contractor doesn't pay their sub-contractors, the sub-contractors can place a lien on the property but I don't know how that works in Texas.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 20, 2012
To many questions require answers. Recommend speak direct with real estate attorney this is legal matter outside scope of Realtors professional code of ethics.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
You will need an attorney to handle this for you.

Sorry this has happened to you.

Also get on the phone to your contractor today to find out what happened and how they plan to resolve it.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I would contact a real estate attorney as has been recommended. I am not certain how your situation pertains to lien laws in Texas. You maybe able to tell the contractor that you will be taking legal action which will fall back on him as well if he does not pay the other party. Obviously this contractor must be broke but if he finds out it may end up costing him a lot more in the future maybe he will make it right.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Not sure of the laws in Texas but here in NC I built a house 2 years ago and the contractor did not pay the electrician. The electrician put a lien on my house and my lawyer made him remove it under threat of suit. The contractor was paid in full by me and he hired the electrician, not me, so the lien had to be removed. Seek legal advice.