Quality of Life in Braddock>Question Details

Angela Fergu…, Other/Just Looking in bklyn, n.y.

where would i see a listing for section 8 approved houses or townhouses for rent?

Asked by Angela Ferguson, bklyn, n.y. Sun Oct 7, 2007

i am in receipt of a section 8 voucher and am looking for at least a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse or single family house that is section 8 approved. need to be in a nice area where there are good school;s and shopping available as well as near a hospital that offers good quality care.

Answers

10
It is hard to find housing in a good neighborhood because most of them are scared to take your voucher because of past applicants but alot of rental properties discriminate so if you do find one stay were u are, and i want to answer who posted that comment about "these people" by what people are you talking about because i am currently on section eight and i dont live off of tax money because i pay my taxes just like you and i take your comment as being racist but due to the bad economy, lets wait and see how you stand because you might find your self at the local housing signing up to find a home for your children, and need the help, and then when you need "these people" we wont lift one finger to help so watch what you say....... unless you know what your talking about
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 22, 2009
Icurrently have a section 8 voucher that is good. I'm in Cincinnati,OH lookin for townhomes in a good area a 2br 2bathroom with washer and dryer hook-up. Lookin to move by the end of this month.Can you give me sum properties that is excepting section 8, thats in my city and state.
the highland oaks apartmets across from walmart on professional drive does section 8 on there apartments the phone bumber is 940- 766-3172
Yes Go section8.com or Socialserv.com, and yes I too am flabbergasted by the Comment THESE PEOPLE, because honey I got approved for being a Foster mother for the STATE of MO and then in turn turned around and adopted both the kids, before doing that I worked as a Loan officer for Real Estate so its not Always the case.

Karma marks folks with a quick tongue....Watch what I say.

I have been blessed to find very very nice places here in Mo ...Now that I am trying to relocate I am finding it hard to find GOOD Houses..BUT many are struggling with possible foreclosures that many are accepting vouchers...Just ask around...try Zillow.com as well and just look around.

I hope you find something..if you need further help contact me at boggess29@yahoo.com and I can help you more.

Good Luck

KJ
i am have a section 8 voucher looking for a 1 bedroom apartment need some help
You can also visit http://www.gosection8.com. There you can search by the state in which you'd like to live. Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.gosection8.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 2, 2009
go to your section 8 offic and ask them for a current renters list. Or call real estate offices in the townships you would like to live in. Ask for their rental agent then ask that person if they have hud rentals. Go from there.
Also check your local craigs list.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Your local Housing Agency should also be able to provide some help to you.

I am not sure that there is much of a stock of 4BR/2 bath homes in good neighborhoods with great schools, though. Generally homes with those features can rent above the current market rate without the need for the landlord to participate in the Section 8 program (which sets the rate they can get for the home).

In other words, if I can rent my home for $1500 per month, and Section 8 will only pay $875 for the same home (through some combination of government contribution, and tenant contribution), it would make more sense for me to rent it privately.

Many of the features you mention would result in a home being able to rent above market rates (nice area, good schools, close shopping, 4/2). I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear, but it may help you adjust your expectations and understand the program from a landlord perspective somewhat.
You should contact a local real estate office and ask for an agent with experience with Section 8 vouchers. As far as I know there isn't a list for homes that are approved.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2007