Question Details

Ivelisse, Home Buyer in Lehigh Acres, FL

what is the best area to live in orlando florida? I want great schools and nice community

Asked by Ivelisse, Lehigh Acres, FL Mon Apr 28, 2008

I am currently living in Lehigh Acres, Florida. Great schools and quiet community, but not enough jobs. I am planning to move to different area and was thinking about Orlando or Tampa. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Answers

2
I relocated to Orlando last year for a job in downtown Orlando. I moved to Oveido because it's fairly nice and a bit more reasonably priced. The commute was horrible, I repeat - horrible! 417 to 408, tolls have gone up, mega-construction, ridiculous traffic, non-stop accidents.Then I found Conway with a 10 minute commute across Michigan St. Streets with sidewalks, lined with Oak trees, lots of neighborhoods with community pools and housing costs that you can almost live with. The drawbacks - right under the flight path, final approach, you can wave to the pilots. Crime is creeping in. Another good option if you have kids would be Vista Lakes in southeast Orlando. Nice but still affordable, good access to shopping, still a reasonable commute. Go north to Maitland, Altamonte, Lake Mary or Sanford unless you work downtown. Huge construction project starting on I-4 in 2013 or 2014.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
I have lived in the Conway area for the past 10 years. They have coveted schools and the crime is lower in this part of town. However, things creeping over from Goldenrod is making the area come down just a bit. But all in all one of the best bets in town.
Waterford Lakes area is newer...but a lot of young people moved there since realestate was cheaper but gang issues are becoming more prevelant. The schools have more gang activity too.