Kelsey, Other/Just Looking in Columbia Park, Minne...

what are some statistics about housing adequacy in Columbia park?

Asked by Kelsey, Columbia Park, Minneapolis, MN Tue Dec 8, 2009

Answers

3
I am late to the discussion, but I want to add a couple of things Columbia Heights has an interesting re-development plan underway. It has stalled a little in the last 2 years due to the changes in the home marketplace along with everything else. If you check both Anoka County and also the web site for Columbia Heights you will find a great deak if information: demographics, history, municipal planning and the position the community holds in terms of cultural and social action. Quite a few years ago I did a major study of the NE metro area and found this district rather fascinating fitting in to the area on the edge of Minneapolis, a piece of Anoka County surrounded by Hennepin county and Ramsey county. Good luck in looking at housing there. YOu will, I think, find that the new light rail transportation adjacent to the area, the proximity to Minneapolis and the center of the city make this an interesting area for housing and ease of transportation,. Keep me posted on your search and your impressions! Liz, 612-986-4105
Columbia Heights is a first ring suburb to Minneapolis. Most of the homes in the area were built in the50s and 60s. You will find a number of different areas ranging from Columbia Park area to near the Railroad yard. Hwy 65 and 47 both start in Minneapolis and run through the city up to Fridley to the North. Each homes adequacy will be different and I would definitely recommend an inspection prior to purchasing the home. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area.
Web Reference: http://JoelFridayHomes.com
Are you asking about Columbia Heights near Columbia Park? Columbia Park is a golf course and park in the city of Columbia Heights.