Quality of Life in 02908>Question Details

Goggie, Home Buyer in 02908

we both have a house together, but every one keeps telling me that he took my name of the house.

Asked by Goggie, 02908 Wed Oct 3, 2007

(optional) I been to lawyers and sense I live 3 hours away and in another state they tell me that I have to talk to a lawyer in new york cause the house is over ther. What can I do he never gave me a penny from the house. we have kids but they are all grown.I tell him to sell the house and give me my part but he don't want can he do this is it legal we been seprated for 19 years and he don't even pass alimony support

Answers

1
Hi Goggie. I don't know where deeds are recorded in the state where the property is located. I would suggest that you talk to a real estate agent in the town where the property is. The agent should be able to access current ownership records. If you find that your name is no longer on the deed, you'll have to seek legal advice. It sounds like you are still married as you say that you have been separated for 19 years. While you probably could file a dissolution of marriage or legal separation action in your state, that state court might not have jurisdiction to decide matters that involve real property located in another state. Since you are asking whether taking you off the title is legal, you are asking for legal advice. Only attorneys licensed in the state whose laws are involved may give legal advice. Real estate professional sare prohibited from giving legal advice and you should not rely on anything you read on the Internet as legal advice.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA