Candiey2011@…, Renter in

1st floor apt w/o vaulted ceilings vs 2nd floor apt w/vaulted ceilings in sunny Tampa Fl

Asked by Candiey2011@gmail.com, Sun May 12, 2013

Hello everyone I need some assistance with two choices given at an apartment complex. I have children and two dogs and was offered a choice between a 1st floor corner unit apt w/o vaulted ceilings, and a 2nd floor corner unit w/vaulted ceilings. Both units have fireplaces and carpeting throughout. The 2nd floor has no one above me which is great however, what concerns me is that I have a toddler and a tween not to mention two dogs. Tampa is very hot most of the year and living on the first floor will help with the cost of the electricity bill. The second floor seems more secure and the vaulted ceilings really seem to open the space of the living areas. I'm stuck and need some help.

Answers

3
Eric Hawkins’ answer
There's a couple things to consider. If you were on the second floor there's a possibility that with the kids running around you could get complaints from the neighbors below and have problems with that. Obviously the second floor units are generally less prone to pest problems than first floor units. Hope this helps, best of luck!
How safe is it for the toddler to get down the stairs alone? I would go with the 2nd floor., knowing you would have to be vigilant about watching a toddler near stairs. You seem drawn to it. Most of the year you can have the windows open and catch a breeze. Not to have footsteps overhead, priceless- you would not have someone els's steps wake you or the children. Besides a little beauty (high ceilings) should be in everyone's life.
No offense, this is a "no brainer" get rid of one of those dogs, and live in the apartment your 2 children prefer. Since you are taking a dog away, they will probably be just fine, as long as you truly care about them, right? That makes sense doesnt IT?
The pets allowed.
Flag Sun May 12, 2013