Quality of Life in Pasadena>Question Details

Paige Samuels, Renter in

places to make her as Comfortable as possible. is Pasadena a nice place for a 16 y/o NY girl?

Asked by Paige Samuels, Thu Jun 27, 2013

My daughter and I are.moving from Suburban Queens NY to Pasadena. Id like to know similarities and difference between the two places to make her as Comfortable as possible. is Pasadena a nice place for a 16 y/o NY girl?

Answers

6
I love Pasadena. I don't think anyone would be uncomfortable in the area. Los Angeles is not like New York, we are very "spread out' here and the distances can be far. Not so much in actual miles, but the traffic makes it very difficult to get from place-to-place at times. We do not have the amazing Subway systems that New Yorkers are used to. (we are working on it).
I love pasadena. Lived there. Yes it is. Just be careful at night...well thats pretty much anywhere i guess
Pasadena is fantastic! I'm looking to sublet a 2 bed 2 bath right now. The building is amazing, right in the heart of Old Town. There's lots to do and it's very family friendly. Here's the page with my listing http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/apa/3959561995.html
Hi Paige, I just recently visited Queens with my Fiance' that was born and raised there. hmmmm..Major differences between Pasadena and Queens. I would have to say the convenient transportation. However, of all the surrounding cities Pasadena is the best. Very conveniently located to the train station and buses. 20 minute train ride from the Downtown LA area and minutes away from great old town Pasadena shopping. My Fiance' always says that he likes Pasadena the best compared to home of course. E-mail me if you would like me to show you around. Julie@julieville.com
Hello Paige,

I have not lived in New York so I would not be able to talk about the similarities or differences.

However I can tell you that Pasadena is a wonderful community. I have lived here for a few years with my wife and dog. We absolutely love it here.

We are surrounded by art, culture and history. Pasadena is close to the mountains and yet a 45 minute drive will take you Santa Monica where you could visit the beach.

Below is a link to the Pasadena city website where you will find a lot of information for visitors as well as residents.
http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/Default.aspx

I am a realtor in Pasadena and would love to assist you or your daughter in finding a comfortable home.

Vinu Kumar

Work: 800.846.1619
Mobile: 949.887.2567
Fax: 626.628.1956
Email: emailvinukumar@gmail.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/vinukumar1
I lived in New York for over 10 years, you will love the change! Pasadena is a very nice place. So is South Pasadena, Monrovia, Arcadia. I suggest you work with a qualified local agent. I have worked many years with Shannon Chang 626-319-8545
Honestly I think it would be hard to move a 16 year old girl anywhere. I think your main concern will be where she will go to school. After you figure that out you can choose where you want to live. I am a 30 year Pasadena resident and I have to tell you the public school system may not meet your standards. You really need to research this. The public school in neighboring cities of San Marino, La Canada, and South Pasadena are much better academically. There are excellent private schools including Mayfield, Westridge, Polytechnic, and Flintridge Prep. The education is outstanding but tuition is steep. Maranantha, a Christian school is less expensive and probably easier to get into. All the privates have rigorous entrance testing. If I were in your shoes I would avoid the whole issue and move to South Pasadena and use the public school. It's a wonderful small community bordering Pasadena to the south. lots of coffee shops, dog walkers, friendly people and close by.
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013