Meme2000, Other/Just Looking in Bunnell, FL

i was asked to mve in with a friend so i can get back on my feet i have adaughter and my boyfriend now stays with me my roommate is on the lease we

Asked by Meme2000, Bunnell, FL Wed Jun 8, 2011

aren't she gave both my boyfriend and i a eviction notice to leave august 1st wich was fine then i come home the other night and she has a note taped to my bedroom door telling him he has to be out the next day and i had cerfew at 10 or shes locking me out know i work till 2 am because she got me the job wat rigts do we have do we have to leave?

Answers

4
David 'TAP' Tapper’s answer
I would do one of two things, either talk with a real estate attorney, but before you do that and spend money, call the SF rent board and they will give you advice.

Best of luck.

Tap
Well did you change the address on your Drivers License, do you pay any of the bills and do they get sent o the address you are at now, all show that you live there and that there in no forced living situation between you and you roommate. For you roommate to throw you out without proper eviction procedure is wrong and you can do things to stop that, however if they have not put you on the lease they have with the owner of the property, they most likely have violated their lease and they may well be evicted by the landlord. So it is a very hard situation, but first is that you are wrong, then the roommate is wrong and because of all this the landlord can have you all thrown out! Speak to an attorney if you wish, but I feel that you will be only throwing away good money here!

I think that your roommate is feeling the danger of his own eviction and wants to get activity to come to a slower pace as to not bring focus on them and possible eviction. Your Boyfriend needs to find a crib he can crash at and you should try to keep activity in and out of the place to a minimum. You are living off of the kindness of strangers here so walk humbly!
I disagree wholeheartedly with the first advice given. Although you may have overextended your welcome, you still have rights as a subtenant and the master tenant still needs to follow the legal eviction process in ANY state. She cannot give you 30 days then retract it and give you two unless you have no agreement with her at all.

She cannot lock you out at least not in California. You should try and work out a reasonable date to leave and work amicably with your friend and try and retain the friendship if you can. If not, you need to contact a competent lawyer who specializes in Tenants rights and find out what your legal options are.

You should note that you are asking for a legal advice and we as real estate professionals cannot give legal advice so be advsed that this is my opinion not legal advice.

Best of luck to you..

Duncan
It sounds like you may taken advantage of a friend's generousity by packing the room you rented with an additional person, your bf. Renting a room does not entitle that person to do "whatever they want within the confines of that room." Additional people in an apartment place burdens on everything from toilet paper, groceries, and general quiet enjoyment of the living space.
Your friend did you a favor and you extended that generosity to someone else in your world by inviting the bf into her apartment.That was your mistake and the reason that your friend is no longer comfortable with you living there. You do not have the same legal rights and entitlements to use of the space as the master tenant. I would figure out your living situation asap and move on. -Good luck