Quality of Life in Phoenix>Question Details

Darlene, Other/Just Looking in Phoenix, AZ

i received eviction papers because the owner did not pay morgage and the house has been foreclosed on i live

Asked by Darlene, Phoenix, AZ Mon Feb 18, 2008

I live in phoenix,az and i receivrd eviction papers because the house i rent has been foreclosed on by the bank i need to know how much time i have?

Answers

3
Darlene,

I had a client who found himself in a similar situation as yourself. We ended up calling the bank who held the note on the property and sent them a copy of the lease agreement that he had with the owners. The bank ended up honoring the terms of the lease agreement and he was able to finish out the duration of the agreement

This may or may not work in your case, but it's worth a shot. Unfortunately if you're paying your rent and the owner isn't paying the mortgage, it's really a bad situation to be involved in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 27, 2008
Darlene,

Odds are you do not have much time. I'm very sorry this happened to you, but if you would like help finding a new rental property I would be happy to assist you.

Please feel free to call or email me and utilize the resources available on my website.

Susan Bodnar
623/ 826-5582
sales@susanbodnar.com
Web Reference: http://www.susanbodnar.com
The short answer is not much. Often around 2 weeks or even less. It's unfortunate, unfair, etc..