Quality of Life in Ridgewood>Question Details

Alice, Other/Just Looking in New Jersey

i live in a month to month on lease basement apartment i cannot use the windows. it has been flooding from

Asked by Alice, New Jersey Wed Jul 30, 2008

the foundation, once from the gutters overspill and now the hot water heater left several inches of water. i lost a lot of clothes and shoes, they finally after the past 4 yrs of request to take out the molded and mildew carpet took it out and broke valuable crystal too. i had Charles Jordan $1000 shoes etc. can any of this be taken off my rent to reimburse me for these damages? when i broke my ankle from the upstairs dishwasher leaking it cost me so much in medical cost.

Help the community by answering this question:


.’s answer
You should contact your local municipal office and get a copy of your tenants rights. New Jersey has excellent tenant rights and tthere may even be free legal advice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer