Quality of Life in 30311>Question Details

Nichole, Both Buyer and Seller in Atlanta, GA

how safe is the venetian hills area in Atlanta (zip 30311)?

Asked by Nichole, Atlanta, GA Thu Jun 19, 2008

Answers

4
Michellervt’s answer
I live nearby in Audubon Forest and I love it! Very safe, quiet and peaceful area. Tons of home/land for your money and still within the city limits. We just bought a house here in Nov 2011 and cannot imagine living anywhere else.
Let me answer your question as a resident: I love it! I bought my first house down here in 2001, and saw the area ravaged by foreclosures. As a homeowner, I do have concern at the number of rentals, including housing choice, you can trade that off by the construction of the homes, and the great neighbors. Great homes, large lots for the city, and close to all the parts of Atlanta that you like. If you're looking to move, we'd love to have you. If you're an investor, we welcome you too, but please screen well.
Nichole,

If you want to see some really cool, detailed demographic mapping, including zip code by zip code overlays of FBI Crime Data, then policymaps.com will help you get a better idea of the crime densities per category - murder, rape, aggravated assault, etc.

You will not like what you see in 30311, but don't let that deter you.

The value of the beautiful land in this area of Southwest Atlanta is what counts - there are some large, private lots in neighborhoods like Audubon Forest and Audubon Estates - mid-century brick ranches in good condition - big parks and golf courses nearby and the transformation of Fort McPherson on the way.

Venetial Hills reminds me of Ashford Park 20 years ago.
This is a question best asked of the local police department or sheriff's office. They would be able to provide up-to-date statistics on the crime-rates in the area, sexual predators, etc.

If there's anything I can do to help, please feel free to contact me at http://www.HernandoLuxuryHomes.com - I'd be happy to help however I can!

-Josh