Quality of Life in 92860>Question Details

cdjohnston163, Home Owner in Norco, CA

how long does it take to get squatters out, the owner has moved but left renters behind. they are thrashing the place! 2309 reservoir dr.

Asked by cdjohnston163, Norco, CA Fri Jan 4, 2013

owner lost property in oct., she lived on property in makeshift garage/room. had been renting the main house to renters, lease was up on Dec. 1st 2012, renters knew house was auctioned off they were there. they refuse to leave. we the neighbors cant wait for the trash to move. ken swank city code enforcer has given them til jan 19 to comply with codes. they say they aren't moving will squat there til the last day of april.. tarbell is in charge of property we beg of you get them out of this area!! these people are known for thrashing foreclosed property, how long will it take to get them out???

Answers

5
Are you talking about reservoir drive in Norco? The house that sold for 169,000 in 2012, was put up on August 27 2013 for 239,000 and 2 days later went up to 339,000?

Leave it to the squatters. Good luck to them. it is not worth the money. why do you and to give the bank extra 100,000 and take over the problems they created for a house assessed at 145,000?
Eviction, The sooner you get either an attorney or an eviction service the sooner they will be out.
Sorry to hear that. The previous answers are correct. No on on this site can help and make this happen any faster. Because this is a bank owned home, the bank & their attorneys will be the ones to get the current occupants out with the help of the eviction court. Since it foreclosed back in October, as you say, then it sounds like the occupants refused any Cash-for-Keys arrangement and have opted to stay until the eviction occurs. In addition to the eviction timeline, the occupants can postpone the eviction for several more months with certain legal actions. Let's hope they don't and let's hope the eviction process goes quickly. Good luck.
Unfortunately it just became more difficult to get squatters/tenants out of a property. New laws recently enacted under Homeownwers Bill of Rights now make the eviction process longer, and you must give tenants 90 days notice before even beginning the eviction. You can review the details here>>> http://oag.ca.gov/hbor.

For more real estate and mortgage information like this, please visit my real estate blog at: http://www.ocrealestateandloans.com/
Links not working
Flag Tue Jul 22, 2014
Its sounds like an eviction will need to processed. It can take months to evict tenants, especially when they have a valid lease or rental agreement, even if they are no longer paying rent.
The answer about "Making it Tempting"Our Legislatures did this with the new laws.Each time they pass a new law to right some wrong they create a bigger problem. The writer is correct the laws do favor the squatter over the home owner. Just like our Civil laws favor the crooks over the general public. I hear Texas is preparing to secede from the union if it get's much worse. Possible destination but not if you plan on squatting....
Flag Sat Sep 7, 2013
Darn it, you make it so tempting finally to also get something out of this real estate gravy train that I am paying off for everyone wihle not being able to get anything out of it

You know after some 30 offers to buy, some for cash, which alsway resulted in immediate 30-60% hike in the price "if you want the house" while none of them sold for the price I was being forced to pay, maybe I will jut stop paying . It will give me a nice cash cushion and hell, I want out anyway..

Everyone else did it.

I was just offered a house that sold for 360,000 in 2004 bur has loans of 540,000 failed to sell at an auction and is for 180,000- if in good order. It is trashed. But if I wanted- well, then I must pay at least 30 % its value.

why? I rather squat.
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013