Quality of Life in Brighton>Question Details

Cheryl Willi…, Home Buyer in Brighton, CO

how do i find the forclosed homes you but just for the taxes owed on it?

Asked by Cheryl Williams, Brighton, CO Tue Aug 19, 2008

I'm trying to find forclosed homes that you buy with only the back taxes are paid

Help the community by answering this question:


That is a tax sale, it is rare that a property is sold at tax sale, if there is a mortgage the bank will pay the taxes before it gets to that to secure their position. It happens more on land than houses. Old lots, people who own them out right and cant pay the taxes, dont care to or what ever. You should check with your county courthouse or with indivisual towns or cities for a list of properties comeing up or that they are holding
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2008
That would be a tax sale rather than a foreclosure. A foreclosure is initiated by a mortgage company or lender. A tax sale is initiated by a county.

As noted in the previous answers you get that list of property from each county.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2008
You can find those through the county. It is extremely rare that you actually end up with the property but it can be an alright investment since you get paid a percentage on your money once the taxes are paid.
Web Reference: http://www.judesandvall.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2008
Go to the county court house and they will give you a list.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 19, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer