Quality of Life in Seattle>Question Details

Nadine Laws-…, Other/Just Looking in Berkeley, CA

find the best low income areas for senior citizen moving to seattle in september

Asked by Nadine Laws-pleasants, Berkeley, CA Mon May 12, 2008

i'm retired but would like to have part-time employment in new area

Answers

3
Hi Nadine,
First I would like to know why Seattle? And are you talking Seattle proper or the Puget Sound region in general. The city of Seattle is an expensive place to live, with King county having the highest median home price in the area, but further south in Pierce county there are lots of options for seniors, with all the amenities that Seattle has to offer!
I would love to talk to you and find out some more specifics about your move and hopefully I can help you!!

Jami
Dear Nadine,

I understand you want to find low income areas for a senior citizen moving to Seattle. I'd like to give you the best answer possible, but that would be quite a challenge without knowing a few more things. For instance, would you like to be in a retirement community? A condominium? A neighborhood of single family homes? Do you prefer being in the heart of the city or would you like to live a bit outside it? Do you prefer car or bus for transportation, or would you like to be in walking distance of stores? Please let me know. You can take a look at some of the neighborhoods through my website (below). You can also email me with those answers so I can get started helping you. My email address is svanderven@windermere.com.
Nadine
There are properties in Seattle and the Eastside that are 55 and over communities either for
rent or purchase. The "best" would depend of your particular circumstances and the ideal
location/price that best meets your needs and whether you are looking to purchase or
to rent. Two of the popular areas on the Eastside are Trilogy and Providence Point. Trilogy
is single family, detached homes on small lots with many community amenities starting
in the low $400's. Providence Point is a condominium project starting in the low $200's.
In Seattle and on the Eastside there are apartments within the "SHAG" subsidized housing.
There are also communities South and North of the Seattle area proper. Some senior
choose to live in mobile home communities designated at 55 and over but in these
communities you lease the ground space and own the mobile home.
Mary