Fox, Both Buyer and Seller in Florida A & M, FL

do I need to have a licence from any division of hotel to rent out my home on a weekly basis?

Asked by Fox, Florida A & M, FL Sun Mar 21, 2010

the question is ,in a residential zoning ,out of a community ,does the home owner turns into a busines owner
when renting out his house for more than 6 weeks and less than 6 months

Answers

3
Must be stipulated in your lease or rental contract, but you must seek the advice of a business/tax attorney!!!!
I dont know if you turn into a business but your rental needs tio be treated as a rental. As it is your own house you may not need a license but may want to run anything past your attorney for local and state laws. You will have to include the income in taxes and you may be subject to a rooms and meal type state tax for weekly rentals. Most weekly rentals are near a tourist spot, beach, lake or theme park area. You will need to make sure you are expereinced with rentals, have a rental agreement, check them in and out with a walkthrough and pictures, take a security deposit of cash or credit imprint and make sure you are following any laws regarding rentals in your neighborhood, town and/or state, good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
A home owner turns into a business owner when renting--period. You'll probably want to run this idea past a real-estate to ensure that you'll use the appropriate structures to set up this arrangement.