Quality of Life in Holland>Question Details

Doris, Other/Just Looking in Southampton, PA

cost of living?

Asked by Doris, Southampton, PA Thu May 19, 2011

Compare cost of living in Holland with national average

Answers

1
Hello Doris.

My first home was in Holland. I've seen the cost of living (depending on where you look) really kind of "vary quite a bit". I do believe that Holland is ABOVE the national average (still) but I don't think it's AS HIGH above the national average than some resources suggest it is.

The website below will compare cost of living between 2 different cities and that may be a help.

In the link below, it compares Southampton (Using the Holland Zip Code) to Tampa Florida. (Not that you care about Tampa but the website "adjusts" the national average to a scale of 100 and then compare 2 cities to that number (They reference the average to 100 and then compare above and below that).

This may help a bit. As I mentioned. It's really hard to compare "identical housing", similar locations, travel times, the distance you need to travel 2 and from work etc but this may give you a general idea.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=50000&city1=718966…

Brian Luce ABR, SRS
Weidel Realtors - Doylestown
215-348-5600