Quality of Life in 02908>Question Details

Goggie, Home Buyer in 02908

continued from, we have a house together

Asked by Goggie, 02908 Wed Oct 3, 2007

(optional)well this is how it started, we both bought the house back in 1978 and we both sign papers together as husband and wife but in 1991 he pulled a gun on me and was always drunk, so I left to providence ri.yes I did made a police report, for all this years he's been taking the rent and he never gives me nothing. he tell's me that I left the property and that I don't have any rights to it. thats when I found out that some how he had taken my name of the house. I tell him that he has to sell the house and if I have to I'll sign to sell, but I will be there with a lawyer so he doesn't pull my leg . I'm just cuious I don't know if there is any way that he could of taken my name out , or is there

Answers

3
you need two things as soon as possible a real estate agent in the area the home is in (to verify that you are correct) and most importantly a real estate attorney. Real estate agents are normally not lawyers and therefore can not and should never give legal advice. Contact the attorney he will advise you what you need to do. I have a few that my office uses on a regular basis. If you would like their information give me a call at (401)885-6260 ext 40
The only way is if he forged a quit claim deed. It will be located in county records and you can see a copy of it for free to check. Otherewise your name is still on there and he can't sell without your consent.
If he sells the house in new york and I get my share. I would love to buy one in ri