Aunty, Other/Just Looking in Arizona City, AZ

can i have an adult child living in the home in a 55 community?

Asked by Aunty, Arizona City, AZ Wed Feb 2, 2011

Answers

7
Good question, instead of guessing and each HOA is different ask the specific HOA you are considering. They will tell you and it is free.
Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson,Az
Always contact the HOA to confirm such questions. In some cases, the rule only applies so long as a specific percentage of homeowners that meet the age limit reside in the community. I live and work in Casa Grande. I can get you the HOA information if you specify which community you're looking in.
Aunty

Most of the adult neighborhoods do allow an adult child as long as a parent meets the community guidelines. However with that said the only way is to check the community itself as some have unique guidelines.

I know a Realtor in Casa Grande that knows those communities really well and could answer the questions for you if you would like?

Doug McVinua
HomeSmart

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
According to the information I have with regard to this issue in Arizona, if the owner is over 55 and the child is over 19, they can live in an adult community. You would, of course, check out the HOA rules.
Aunty,

I live in Arizona City and have sold several homes in over 55 communities in Casa Grande.
Fair Housing Laws provide that a certain percentage of residents in 55+ communites must
be allowed to reside there that are over 40 yrs old. When a customer calls on a listing
in these communities, we, as realtors, cannot state that no one under 55 may reside in them.
or be subject to a $10,000 fine.

Elizabeth Drew
Better Homes Realty AZ
520-709-0253
Consider asking management the question and or review the HOA documentation.
You need to refer to the HOA rules and community regulations

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com