Quality of Life in Portland>Question Details

Roxie100, Renter in Portland, OR

best family neighborhood in Portland, Oregon

Asked by Roxie100, Portland, OR Fri Jul 8, 2011

looking for best family neighborhood in Portland, Oregon

Laura Feghali’s answer
Hello Roxie,
Real estate agents are not allowed to comment if one neighborhood is better than another or it's cultural make-up. This is called "steering".
Here is a link to a site that discusses the various neighborhoods in Portland that you may find helpful:

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 8, 2011
If you get a chance to look it up, Portland Monthly usually does a large article on all the Portland neighborhoods once a year. There are dozens of wonderful places.
Hello Roxie
There are so many great neighborhoods in Portland! I personally think that the Sellwood neighborhood is Great family oriented neighborhood. There is a great park that is several park blocks long that borders Sellwood Moreland neighborhood to the East and a small amusement park and bike trail to the West. The neighborhood has several other parks and a community pool. Everything is very walkable as well. I hope this helps a bit.
My mother always told me that it's not polite to answer a question with a question... However, I think your answer is dependent upon you. What is important to you... Schools, Parks, Shopping, Restaurants???? If you can answer that, your neighborhood will appear. Good Luck Roxie.

Paul Wells
Certified EcoBroker | Principal Broker | Managing Broker
EcoPro Realty Group