Quality of Life in Uptown>Question Details

Albert, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Would you recommend the Uptown neighborhood in Chicago for families with kids?

Asked by Albert, Chicago, IL Thu Mar 28, 2013

Answers

11
Ivan Sagel, ABR, SFR’s answer
Albert,

If you plan to send your children to public schools, then first research the local schools for all the areas you are interested in.

http://www.greatschools.org/illinois/chicago/

Ivan Sagel
@properties
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com

I always appreciate your referrals…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
No i would not for the fact is that there is not much for a child to do living in that area . Uptown has come along way, from being glamours from 20's to 50' and turn into a ghetto 60's threw the 90's.
I lived in that aree I should know i was never safe of being out side or with a parent for that matter
last but not least the schools were bad and in bad condition. Here's a thought investigate the schools first before moving in a neighborhood so that you"ll know that your child can come home safe.
Like Mayfair community active parents, teachers,and other students are highly involved in safety of each other with goodwill and kindness, plus affordable rent . I would recommed Palmer Elemenry,
St.Edward's Catholic school, and St.Cornelius.
Legally a Realtor cant "recommend" an area. Take a drive through the area, have some lunch there, walk around a bit and look up the area online. I live in the area and I see families all around me. Doesn't mean its going to be right for yours though.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
If the price is right and it is convenient for your work/family/school obligations, why not?

Do some drive bys in the neighborhood and see if it is convenient for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
Only you can answer that. We cant "recommend" you one way or another. They consider it steering. I would check out the area yourself on different days and times. Only you know whats best for your family.
You're asking tons of questions about both Brooklyn and Chicago. I think you're just wasting our time with questions designed to bait agents. Please stop unless you're serious about moving to Chicago.
Manuel,
I would suggest if you first study definition and then accuse someone of doing sth. ! Comedy!
Manuel,
The truth hurts!
Albert,

Greg's answer to you is what is known as "redlining" a neighborhood which is a violation of real estate professionals ethics and licensing. Bill gave you a great answer.
Evanston, OaK Park...............................