Quality of Life in Denver>Question Details

Ken, Home Buyer in Denver, NC

Within Lake Norman, what area towns (Denver, Sherrills Ford, Davidson, Huntersville) offer the best sense of community for families with young teens?

Asked by Ken, Denver, NC Sun Dec 27, 2009

Activities, safety, community functions

Answers

2
Hello Ken, I would recommend Davidson or Huntersville, I do really like Denver personally. Sherrills Ford is pretty far out however it is a wonderful community. Denver is great also, it is on lower south west part of Lake Norman. It is really growing and posses tremendous positives. Huntersville is well established and convenient to almost all local amenities. Davidson is a great community too. It is growing by leaps and bounds and has several new neighborhoods. It is a little more of a commute like Sherrills Ford, but a great city. Hope this helps answer your questions. Have a great day.
--
Kindest Regards,

Jeff Monfils
Broker - North Carolina Operations
Bastille Real Estate
704-975-7616
Philippians2:3&4
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
That is a large question. I live in the Denver area and I would say in a nutshell it is all about what is important to you. In general, Denver is a pretty diverse community and more rural than say Cornelius and/or Huntersville. Denver nows has a new 4 lane Hwy 16 direct into Charlotte and I think for this reason when the economy ramps back up, Denver will grow because of easy and quick access to Charlotte and the airport. Sherrills Ford area is more rural than Denver and less shopping and general retail. Still fairly undeveloped.
Again, it is all about what you are looking for in a community. We like living in Denver, because we have shopping that we need everyday and the area is a little less congested and quieter.
There are good schools in Denver, Huntersville and Cornelius. Denver has an excellent Charter School and a Christian School close by as well as typical public schools.

I would be happy to speak with you in more detail if you would like. You can reach me at 704 562 2922 most anytime. Thank you for your question! Lee Ann Miller Allen Tate Realtors, Broker