Quality of Life in Maplewood>Question Details

Marie, Home Buyer in Park Slope, Brooklyn,...

Who's a trustworthy, reliable, experienced and knowledgeable real estate agent in Maplewood, NJ?

Asked by Marie, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY Fri Nov 21, 2008

My husband and I plan on buying our first house this summer. We did some research last weekend — touring around a few towns in North Jersey. We like what we see in Maplewood; the people, the area and the pricing! So, we plan on coming out again to the Maplewood area to talk with an expert in the field for a sort of 'informational meeting' regarding its quality of life. Also, it would be nice to walk into some homes in our price range & criteria to get a first-hand look at what our money can buy. Any recommendations?

Also, how much is it for a permit to park at the Maplewood train station?

Much appreciated!

Answers

20
Marie, my wife and I moved from Park Slope to Maplewood last month. We did a lot of our own research and met with several real estate agents, but we would recommend Carol Eisenstein at Prudential as the most informative, reliable and helpful.

Carol is professional but friendly and can answer any questions you may have about Maplewood. She is also easy to reach, meaning she gets back to you in a flash should you have any questions.

Carol showed us a great range of houses during our search and helped us find a really great house that was within our budget. Consider this our highest and most heartfelt recommendation.

David and Jeanette
What's your point Dan?

You came and made your comment to Debbie because why..You "sent an email to a new poster who honestly had not noticed it before, and said they would look for it from now on."

That was not the case here...These people had done the same before and did it again, not because they missed the date but because they were Spamming intentionally...

If you don't notice these things because you are just so involved in in sharing your info/opinions ect., that's fine we all have but then we are not Spamming.. they are and using a Year old question to do so....

They've done it before, is that clear enough..It's about Spam not dates, pointing the date out was just letting/hinting to them it was obvious what they were doing and had been noticed.....

Sometimes us newbees have learned a few things and a few ways to get a point across...

We don't need to be told people make mistakes or the dates are not always noticed, we know that...We've messed up also as you said but again this was not about that.
It was about using an old question to Spam Services....simple as that.

Often Agents catch on and do go on to contribute good info for Consumers once they see Spamming here is lame (I have seen it turn out that way many times)...But often it has to be pointed out someone is paying attention and will Flag Flag comment comment if they think Trulia is a Spam zone.

Freeing Trulia from Spam is as valuable to all Consumers as good info...One allows room for the other to have a chance of being better heard.....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 3, 2010
In case anyone cares - Marie asked this question way back in November , 2008..........hopefully she has long since moved in somewhere by now, and is no longer looking for an agent.

Marie, if by chance you are still out there reading this, which I doubt, where did you wind up?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 3, 2010
I believe the train permit is about $80 a year though they might have raised it recently.
Dunes, mayor is beneath me. I want emperor.

As far as people missing the date, I sent an email to a new poster who honestly had not noticed it before, and said they would look for it from now on.

I do not always look to see the dates either. There have been quite a few times I saw an old post, typed out a reply, noticed it was a year old and deleted what I had just done instead of posting. <cries>
I also do not (often) notice the ones who post (a lot) on old posts. Partly it is because I do not look for it. I look for details, for information, for a lot of other things when I read replies. But the original posting date is usually not on my radar.
Dan

Your little theory falls apart when they've done the same before.....t

Thanks for the thought of explaining the Forum, dates, that possibly these agents made a mistake and sharing a little chastisement to us newbees....

Ever think of running for Mayor? lol
Dan, it's the thought that counts! Thanks...........
I have 2 thoughts here.

Sometimes new realtors to the site do not see the date. They see the question around their area and reply to it. Like everything else there is a learning curve. (honest mistake) I have done it myself.

if I was to suggest someone Debbie Rose always seems to be right on target in everything she does here.
But being a year late it would not make much difference I am sure.
Dear Marie:

I just noticed that no one answered your question. The fee for the parking permit. It is $200 for 2010 and available only to Maplewood residents. Here is a link to more information http://www.twp.maplewood.nj.us/townshipservices/parkingperm
Hello Marie: I have been helping buyers in Maplewood since 1997. Please feel free to visit my website at http://www.MaplewoodHouses.com for more information on buying. Please feel free to use my interactive search tool at http://www.OldHomeFinder.com

I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a top agent for Weichert in the area. Top 1%. I sell about a house a week. If I can help anyone in Maplewood or So Orange, please contact me on my cell 973 951 6665 or see my web site CherreDoesItAgain.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 27, 2009
Marie,

Keep things simple: me and my partner. You cannot do better than us. I was born in Maplewood across the street from Tuscan School, went through grade school, junior high, and high school in the South Orange/Maplewood system, and returned to the area to start my family here.

Why don't you give me a call and let's chat.

Real Estate is My Pleasure...My Business!

Jonathan
Hi there!
If you're still looking...I've been an agent here since 1997 and have raised a child through the local public school system. I've been a resident since 1984. If it's expertise and community knowledge you're shopping for, please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.olgajroberts.com
Hi Marie -

I am proud homeowner in Maplewood and a NJ Real Estate Agent. And would be happy to show you around my home town. My husband and I moved out to MPWD from Hoboken and we just love raising our children here. Feel free to email me at: TracyFreeman@kw.com, or call me at 917.604.5735 and we can discuss your tour of potential homes for this weekend, as well as all of the wonderful things that our town has to offer.

Tracy Freeman
Sales Associate
Marie-

I gave you the wrong spelling of my colleague's name so the email address is incorrect. My trustworthy and knowledgeable Realtor friend in Maplewood is Regula Ehrlich at regula-ehrlich@burgdorff.com.

Sorry about that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 23, 2008
Hello again,

Wanted to give you a few web sites to look at.

http://www.twp.maplewood.nj.com go to services and Parking Permits for the fees for parking. For 2008 the fees are : $180. for parking, $205. for combo Jitney and parking and $80. Jitney.

Also take a look at :

http://www.maplewoodonline.com

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bpline/2007/snapshot… Money Magazines review of the best towns to live it. Maplewood made it!

Certainly contact me directly at caroleisenstein@prunewjersey.com or cell # 973 879 3282
Marie
As a broker/manager, I wouldn't hesitate if asked for a personal recommendation to consult Maria Morrison-Heningburg, real estate agent with Prudential NJ Properties. Maria is a 10-year real estate veteran who lives in Maplewood with her husband and four children. She knows all there is to know about the town, the schools, the commute, and the ins and outs of the heart of the community. An easy going and highly knowledgeable person, Maria pours herself into helping the emotional and challenging needs of her clients ranging from the first-time buyer to the disabled to the transferee. You can reach Maria on her cell at 973-698-3308
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 22, 2008
I would love to help you and your husband. I made the sane transistion to NJ from NYC.

I know Maplewood and the communty very well. My office is the the next town Millburn but I work in all the neighboring towns. Before becoming a real estate agent I own a retail store right in the village of Maplewood for 13 years. I definitely know the community and people well! I would love to share my expertise of the area with you.

email me at caroleisenstein@prunewjersey.com or cell 973 879 3282

Carol Eisenstein
Prudential New Jersey Properties
374 Millburn ave
Millburn, NJ 07041
Marie-

Give Regula Erlich, my colleague at Burgdorff Realtors in Maplewood a call. You can reach her at 973-378-8300 or regula-erlich@burgdorff.com. If you do, please let her know I referred you.

If you are considering looking in Montclair, Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, West Orange or other neighboring towns, I'd be happy to help you. I'm a former Brooklynite as well. I can be reached at 862-368-4963 or sloan-berman@burgdorff.com.

Happy house hunting!
Hi Marie,

I suggest you contact Randy Rabney at RE/MAX Village Square. 149 Maplewood Ave., Maplewood, NJ 07040
973-378-5508. email:RRabney@remax.net. I'm sure she'll be able to help you. (she'll know about the permit cost at the station too.)

Tell her I sent you.

Joan Prout, MBA
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Villa REALTORS
306 Grove Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-946-2700 x310
800-671-0596 x1 (direct)
Joan@JoanProut.com
Web Reference: http://www.JoanProut.com