Quality of Life in Stapleton>Question Details

Jason August, Real Estate Pro in 80113

Who is living in Stapleton, Denver, CO?

Asked by Jason August, 80113 Wed Oct 17, 2007

Why did you move to Stapleton and what do you like about it now that you're living there now?

Answers

11
I moved to Stapleton as the man I was dating was building a house here. Our first kiss was on the back porch while the house was still in the framing stages in 2008. Fast forward 6 years, and I'm married, in love with the neighborhood, and cannot live without Udi's or Coldstone. I adore walking our 'baby' Maggie (2 year old yellow lab) around the neighborhood and across MLK to the 'other' neighborhood. There is so much to look at; so much to do. The parks, the creeks, the paths - all amazing. We are actually putting our 'starter' house on the market (since we've expanded as a family) and are now going to build a brownstone on MLK right down the street. We don't want to leave the neighborhood. Ever.
I lived in Stapleton and it was great! I fell in love with Stapleton when I was selling new homes in Stapleton for a local builder, and I had to move there. I loved that there were so many choices of different homes to live in. There was everything from town-homes, condos, and single family homes. Stapleton has something for everyone. I also enjoyed how close Stapleton was to downtown and other major highways. Stapleton continues to grow, and it is crazy to see how everything has changed. Stapleton is a wonderful community to live in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
I live in Stapleton, moved here to work at UCH for a couple years. I am now moving away, and very sad to leave. I have really enjoyed my time here. It is a great atmosphere for young active professionals. Not as wild as downtown, but always fun things going on, and great shops and restraunts.
As a real estate agent that lives and works in Stapleton, I can attest to why most of my clients move to Stapleton. First, they move to Stapleton to get a larger home that is more efficient and comes with a contemporary floor plan. Because of the location of Stapleton, Buyers like that they can get a new (or newer) house within a few minutes of Downtown and Cherry Creek, as opposed to having to move to the suburbs. Second, many Buyers choose Stapleton because of the amenities offered. With miles of paved and unpaved walking trails, outdoor space, three pools (soon to be four), loads of parks and green space, a new multi-million dollar recreation center, several great schools, and a town center with some great shops and restaurants, Stapleton has much more to offer than the classic neighborhoods of Central Denver. Finally, my Buyers choose Stapleton because they like the community feel of close neighbors and kid-friendly atmosphere. Evidence of this tight community can easily be seen on 'movie night' in the town center when the entire green is filled with people, kids and pets all enjoying the free movie! Forest City, the Master Developer of the site, believes that 30% of all homes bought in Stapleton go to people that already live in Stapleton...

I personally love living in Stapleton because of the tight community feel and many outdoor activities that are right outside my door! We have an active lifestyle, and it's easy to be outside playing in Stapleton, as there is so much to do...We also love the proximity to downtown and the airport....It's ideal in so many ways.
The reason I originally moved to Stapleton is because I wanted a new construction home that I could customize with my own tastes. I was living in an old victorian duplex in Uptown that had very small closets, very little insulation and a kitchen that I wasn't in love with. When I purchased my John Laing home, I was able to go to a design center and choose my cabinets, my tile, my hardwoods, practically everything. Not to mention I was getting a brand new home that wouldn't require a new roof, a new furnace, new plumbing, etc. There are lots of great advantages to going new construction.

However, since I moved here in 2003 I have come to appreciate so much more about Stapleton such as the green space and parks. Within 1-2 blocks of any home you can find a greenbelt or some type of open space. This is fabulous for me since I am such an outdoor person and I have two pugs that love going for walks.

I also love its proximity to everything. It's literally a 12 minute drive from my door to my office at Kentwood located across from Union Station downtown and a 15 minute drive to Cherry Creek. I still feel like I am living in the city but I got the home of my dreams for a fraction of the price. So with that being said, its also very reasonable as far as real esatate values are concerned.
Stapleton has a place for everyone! It is also has housing for everyone from affordable to million dollar + properties. Everyone I talk to and interact with seems to love the neighborhood. It was build around a Town Center model which plans to have everyone within walking distance of a town center and a New Urbanism model which is also committed to a walkable environment. The community is self-contained with great schools, pools, open space, an 80 acre Central Park, dog park, community gardens, an existing grocery store with plans to add another in the next town center. It is right next door to the Bluff Lake Nature Preserve. Lots of families with young children but also home to many GLBT families, singles and seniors. Love it!
Stapleton was designed to be diverse, with homes ranging from the $100,000s to the $1,000,000's. I have lived and worked out there since 2004. We have lived in two different homes in different parts of the neighborhood. I have also work with about 100 clients as sellers or buyers and I can say that the community is as diverse as the rest of Denver. One common thing that seems to link the neighborhood together is the sense of community. People get involved with the neighborhood. From block parties, to school focus groups, to athletic groups, book clubs, to play dates...people seem to find other neighbors with similar interests. The front porch setting makes it easier to get to know your neighbors and the park and trail system encourages people to get outside and enjoy our Colorado weather.
Web Reference: http://www.npreblog.com
Jason: A little bit of everyone-- is living in the Stapleton area. From young couples-- to families-- to retired couples. Stapleton offers-- the newer homes near the city-----as well as a sense of community.
Stapleton is a diverse community. It offers new or nearly new housing from the "work force" price up to multi-millions.

I've sold several homes to Physicians who are working at Fitzsimons the site of Colorado Bioscience Park in Aurora. It is also the new location of Children's Hospital, University of Colorado Health Science Center and Hospital plus many other medical research centers.

From Stapleton the drive to the Fitzsimons campus is about 10 minutes. The convenience of Stapleton and the fact the homes are new is very appealing to many homeowners.
Sense of community, proximity to shops and restaurants, community schools, sense of family, neighborhood events, proximity to Central Denver where most of the attractions are

These are the answers I get from clients in Stapleton.
Here is a link that may give you some ideas about Stapleton. Hope this helps a bit. http://www.stapletondenver.com/
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA