Quality of Life in Rome>Question Details

Sandi Thomas…, Home Buyer in Pensacola, FL

Which neighborhood is the safest, family oriented, and near everything in Rome, NY?

Asked by Sandi Thomason, Pensacola, FL Thu Jan 24, 2008

My husband & I plus our 11 year old & 8 year old are moving to Rome, NY, in February. We will be working in the Griffiss Technology Park. We need to buy a 3 bdrm 2 bth house. What's the best neighborhood for a price range of 75k - 150k. Note: We want to be near schools for our 2 kids, shops, parks etc. Thanks

Answers

1
In terms of quality education, you might consider look into the New Hartford area. As a former employee, its across the board programs are top notch. The New Hartford District is recognized annually by Newsweek magazine as one of the highest rated schools in the entire country. You might want to check out last springs school ratings.
This location is approx. a 20 minute drive from Rome. The difference in quality of life and educational benefits would be worth the time spent in the car.

"The "Eckler Team"