Quality of Life in Moorpark>Question Details

Krista Garcia, Home Buyer in 93105

Which community would you recommend Camarillo or Moorpark?

Asked by Krista Garcia, 93105 Tue Dec 16, 2008

We are looking to buy a house. We are looking for a good family friendly safe community with great schools. Which community would you recommend and why?

Answers

5
Hi Krista,

Both communities are excellent. As others have stated, Moorpark will typically give you more home for your dollar. However, Camarillo's Mission Oaks neighborhood is affordable for many young couples and has good proximity to services. I am partial to Moorpark. I live here and my husband and I raised our family here. Moorpark is the kind of place where kids still ride their bikes to school, have lemonaid stands and trick-or-treat in large packs. It was rated last year as the safest city in Ventura County. We have very low crime rates, great schools, more parks than developed areas, excellent shopping and the best 4th of July celebration around! (it's actually held on the 3rd of July). If you are looking for a "true" sense of community, Moorpark will not disappoint.

I am also happy to help you if you need an agent who knows all the ins and outs of our great City of Moorpark.

Thanks for your question.

Dianna Dingman
I've lived in both areas and really it comes down to two things. They type of neighborhood in each and your commute. Moorpark is closer to Burbank Airport and with the 118 you have access, if you dont find yourself heading toward LA then Camarillo is still a great place to work, raise kids, and play. I've lived in Moorpark for 4 years now and I have no intention on ever leaving. Your dollar goes a little farther here too.
Hi Krista,

Looks like you are asking for an opinion. Moorpark has about half the population of Camarillo. Moorpark is more remote. Camarrillo is much closer to a larger base of jobs, goods, services etc. Camarillo is close to the beach. If you need to be close to a bigger city type environment then Camarillo is your choice. If you are looking to be a little more remote then Moorpark is the place.

Both are very nice so I choose to live in Simi Valley.......(humor intended here for the reading impaired).

If you want to see the sales data for Moorpark, please visit my Real Estate blog. You can subscribe to the RSS feed or get updates in your email when I post new articles. See the recent Market updates here http://homebuysblog.com/category/market-updates/

Great question Krista! Thanks for asking.
Web Reference: http://www.homebuysblog.com
HI Krista, well, I have to say that I am biased. I know many families in Moorpark and honestly none in Camarillo. I have family that lives in Camarillo, in their large senior community. I am sure that there are a lot of vital young couples in Camarillo, I just dont personally know any.

Moorpark is a great area for families. They have an excellent science and technology school that is school of choice school. They have an excellent community college, making it easy for kids to move to that first couple of years with excellent teachers and cost savings (I attended as a grown up and earned my degree, an AA, the instruction quality there is easily as good as any CSU school). Moorpark has a shopping corridor as where Camarillo has their shopping a little more spread out but they have the outlets. Moorpark is convenient to the Conejo Valley and Simi Valley, Camarillo is more aligned with Oxnard and maybe the Conejo as it is mostly on the 101.

If you end up looking in Moorpark, I would love to help you as I have helped several families make the move there. If you end up in Camarillo, I know that this is an area that Barry, the Realtor who answered first is really knowledgeable about. I can recommend a great dentist and orthodontist there. I think that Barrys suggestion that you check out some of the web sites can be helpful. I think you could live well in either community. Good luck with your decision.
Hi Krista,

This is an excellent question which can really only be best answered by you and your family members. Please take the time, as I am sure you will, to research the positive and negative attributes that each city and communities within the city offer. There is certainly a wide range of opinions about each area. Of course, as a resident of Camarillo, I would recommend this area. Feel free to poke around on my website and happy house hunting.

You can Compare BOTH the Community AND School features from this convenient Community Report link:

http://www.topmarketer.net/CSR/CSReport.aspx?65WTG4PRLV8S#

Camarillo's zip codes are 93010 and 93012, while Moorpark is 93021.