Quality of Life in Nashua>Question Details

Linda, Home Owner in 86409

Where is the safest area to rent an apt or condo in the Nashua, NH area?

Asked by Linda, 86409 Thu Aug 16, 2007

I'll be making a long distance relocation and want to find a safe and affordable place in the Nashua area. I'm a caucasian, single middle age, preofessional woman with a small dog? Any info on singles life for single professionals there? How long is the trip to Boston? Any railroad service from Nashua? Thanks! Linda

Answers

6
Stay out of Nashua. There is increasing Hispanic gang activity there, unless that's what you are looking for...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2007
I would recommend looking at Merrimack. That is what I did, and it is much quieter than Nashua but right next door. I am minutes from 101A with everything that I need, as well as Rt. 3. I commute to Boston area every day.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 14, 2007
Hi Linda, I am a single, professional woman and also a Nashua native. I think your best bet in Nashua is the Exit 8 area. Kessler Farm is particularly nice and is in a perfect location for commuting- and they allow small dogs. Although there's no train service from Nashua to Boston (yet), there is a great bus service (with free wifi) that leaves pretty much on the hour going to Boston, with 2 main hubs- one on exit 6 and one at exit 8. Even if you want to drive- it'sonly 45 minutes to Boston, however during rush hour, it's rather busy. And there's always the option to take the train into Boston from the Lowell station.

Nashua's Main Street has lots of nice places/restaurants and several "adult beverage" establishments you can enjoy.

Although there is mention of Hudson in some of the responses, I wouldn't recommend it.

I wish you lots of luck with your move!
Hi Linda, there are some great complexes around exit 8 in Nashua. Merrimack, Amherst, Hudson are also very good choices. If you call the local police departments they can tell you how frequently they are called to a particular complex or area. If you would like more community information you can contact me through my web site, the link is below.

Cheryl Anderson
Nashua, NH
Web Reference: http://www.cheryl-nh.com
There are some nice places near the airport in Nashua and near exits 6 and 7E/W. Glenn Abbey, Coburn Woods, Kessler Farms, and a few others appear to be in decent areas. There are some condos going up downtown. I'm also looking for a house, but I was mostly looking at detached condos initially. I'm interested in other answers regarding the most desirable Nashua neighborhoods.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2007
If renting, try Bedford NH, there are apartment complexes that allow small dogs. Trip to Boston is around an hour, give or take depending on the traffic. There isn't a railroad service from Nashua, however there are new buses that travel directly from Nashua to Boston. The buses are all new as of late 2006/early 2007. There is a link to this information on the City of Nashua webpage. Good Luck!