Quality of Life in 11050>Question Details

Ei, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

Where is the best town to raise kids on the North Shore of LI?

Asked by Ei, Buffalo, NY Sat Apr 5, 2008

Answers

14
The North Shore is composed of many affluent towns which have great school districts. Great Neck, Manhasset, Roslyn, Herricks, Jericho, Syosset and North Shore school districts are great. Most of these schools districts are on the top list of schools in the country. If you need any help trying to find a place, contact me.

Christian Monge
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 31, 2014
If schools are important, go to http://www.greatschools.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 8, 2008
Hello! You can use www. lifamilies.com very useful website for people who are living in Long Island or planing to move in. Good luck
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014
Realtors, by law, are not allowed to comment on areas/neighborhoods and schools. I have lived in many areas of the North Shore and it is all relative to your likes, dislikes and needs.

Go to http://www.GailGladstone.com and click on "community info."
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 5, 2008
Port Washington, NY 11050 #4 Safest City in NY. Home Buyers, whether you’re laying down roots for the first time or relocating your family, finding a safe city to settle down in isn’t always easy. Researching crime in city after city is frustrating and requires time that most busy Home Buyers simply don’t have. The good news is, Safewise and William N. Bodouva, Jr. at Laffey Fine Homes has the answers you’re looking for. Relevant Real Estate: http://activerain.trulia.com/blogs/wbodouva
The best thong to do is visit towns you are interested in. Drive around, check out the parks and check out the school profiles online. The north shore has many great areas but budget will also dictate the towns you ma be able to look in.
There are a lot of great places on the North Shore. Most have excellent school systems. Port Washington, for example, has a lot of parks, a smaller town feel, etc. Walk around the areas and see what feels best for you
i raised my two children here in Port Washington, New York, 11050. The school district is excellent. The community has a wealth of creative diversity. We are a peninsula surrounded by water so if you love boating or fishing, it's here! Port Washington has the best train system to/from the Big Apple, direct.
If you're not a commuter, hop on the train for a Saturday Matinee or a walk through Central Park.
We have Greek, French, Mexican, Italian, Indian cuisine. Japanese Sushi or dining at the waters edge.

Port Washington offers a wonderful library, stretching 2 blocks with a beautiful view of the water. 2 big movie theaters, a polish museum, Antique stores along our shores and lovely little shops up and down Main Street. Port Washington offers a beautiful community pool for school age children, a raquet and tennis area at the waters edge. We also have an out door roller rink and outdoor skate board track to keep the kids busy.

Our Police and Fire Department are excellent, always keeping our community safe. We have a great Post Office staff, always willing to help. We are surrounded by the states best hospital facilities and Senior Communities. My children and adult siblings were fortunate to have been raised here. We are all so proud of being a part of this wonderful community. Port Washington is the BEST town to raise kids on the North Shore!
Dear Home Buyer from Buffalo,
The good news is you have several choices. There are many wonderful school districts & towns all along the North Shore of Long Island. Check out my web site: http://www.EdieSellsLongIsland.com and go to community links; I have several of the towns' school districts there for you to check out. Let me know if this helps you.
Sincerely, Edie
Most of the North Shore of Long Island have excellent schools, and excellent standards of living. Much depends on the type of area, and what activities you wish for the children to enjoy. I raised my children in Port Washington, and have lived here for over 15 years, and highly recommend Port Washington for its "hometown" feeling, good schools, proximity to an excellent Town golf course, water activities, etc.
Everyone is different so your lifestyle will effect which area is right for you Do you want to be near shopping, a beach, a park, restaurants ? Do you like horseback riding, Kayaking, sailing, fishing? What do your kids enjoy doing? I can discuss these with you and take you on a "Gold Coast Tour" from Great Neck out to Cold Spring Harbor and point out the sites, activities, and areas of particular interest to you specifically.
Kings Park -- predominantly a residential community with small town country feeling. Visit us on Kings Park Day! We even have a Habitat house and it fits right in with the community -- who says affordable housing brings the neighborhood down -- kudos to Habitat -- I hope to see a Habitat home in EVERY town on Long Island (are you listening Peter Elkowitz & Jim Morgo) -- Les is awesome! It's too bad locals still do not know what to do with Kings Park Psychiatric -- they should create an affordable housing stock, some commerical for businesses and then preserve the rest of the park. Kings Park is North Shore secret -- middle class community , most Irish, 5 bars (in one town is the only disappointment) - but everything about it is wonderful. I am going to die here! see you at kings park day.
As Gail mentioned, realtors are not legally allowed to steer someone to one community. What I would recommend you do is do some research online about each town. Most towns now have a community website and you can also use websites like wikipedia to find information. Then once you have narrowed down your choices to a few towns, the best way to decide where you want to raise your family would be to visit each town if possible. Good luck!
Dear Ei,
The good news is that you have great choices to make on the North Shore of Long Island. We as realtors are not allowed to give preferences but I can say researching through the local libraries in each community is a start. I am very familiar with the North Shore of Long Island and I live in and love the area. The Long Island Sound hugs the North Shore and offers beaches and water sport activities. There are towns and villages, large and small dotted all along the coast and each one has its own personality. I invite you to come and take a tour...it's glorious in every season; right now the willows are just beinning to sprout and the forsythias & daffodils are in bloom. Edith
you can check the school on the following link
http://www.psk12.com/rating/index.php