Alison Hillm…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

When a neighbor is locked out of his apartment, and it's kind of cold outside and the landlord is not responding, what is the best course of action?

Asked by Alison Hillman, San Francisco, CA Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

6
The landlord should respond within a reasonable amount of time..
by chance there's a good samaritan in the building who is home and will let that neighbor stay
for a short time.

(It's good to have a spare key left with someone you trust)
I would try to get a hold of the landlord the best that you can. If this doesn't work, I would agree that there could be someone who is willing to take in the neighbor. They don't need to stay forever, just until the landlord comes back! http://www.broadwaylocksmith.com
Flag Wed Dec 10, 2014
Totally agree with the answers below - a locksmith is the way to go...I suppose a brick is an option too, but I wouldn't advise it! :-P
As a land lord and property manager of 12 conodminium complexes I try to answer at all hours.......there are those times where I am not available though. I would recommend the tenants call a locksmith to gain entry.
Call a locksmith, and hurry.
Alison
It's always good to leave a key with a close friend....but mobile locksmith is the best route..landlords are not always available 24/7....your neighbor will have to prove tenancy though so hopefully they had a CDL with them.. here's my go to Mobile locksmith, he's great!

http://mikeslocksmith.weebly.com/
A locksmith or a brick. Your choice.
Haha! Brilliant answer.
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013