Quality of Life in Edmonds>Question Details

Laurence Mar…, Other/Just Looking in Edmonds, WA

What would be building cost per square foot to rebuild a home in the Edmonds, WA area? I'm re-evaluating my

Asked by Laurence Marino, Edmonds, WA Thu Nov 8, 2007

homeowners insurance. Thanks!

Answers

6
In response to my comment below, you can also chcek out my office's referral page which provides a list of tried and true contractors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 26, 2008
I suggest that you contact a general contractor or a builde for this information. You may also ask for advice on obtaining this information form your insurance agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2007
Ah, sometimes you just want a number to start with... I know the feeling. So here's my number: $100/sf and up. Does that help? But, as others suggest, do follow up with a reputable contractor to work out the details because costs can go up significantly and quickly.
Obviously, the price will vary based on finishes and how much work is involved. I have a great resource of contractors and builders that I work wih regularly and I would highly recommend. You'll find links to their business websites as well. Always be sure to check referrals for any contractor you might select.
This answer is difficult to answer with the information that you pose. You don't indicate how large, style, finishes, view,etc. Hence, the prior answers are perfect - speak with a few general contractors. I live and work in Edmonds and can supply you with some leads, if you like. Also, the insurance will be dictated by the parameters of the company with which you work.
I agree with Kurt below. You should talk to a general contractor and tell him/her what your plans are in your re-build. Also just a quick call to your insurance agent would be an easy way to get an idea of what your homeowners insurance will be. Good Luck!