Quality of Life in 94949>Question Details

shopperohnine, Home Buyer in 95476

What's the weather like at Hamilton Field? Are there things for teens to do?

Asked by shopperohnine, 95476 Tue Jan 13, 2009

We looked at some open houses this weekend in Hamilton Field and fell in love with the area. Can you please tell me what the weather is like in general? Is there a public pool in the area? What is the high school for that area? Are there things for teens to do? Places to work for after-school jobs? how easy is it for non-driving teens to get around to coffee shops, movies, etc. in Novato? The area seems a bit isolated. . . .

Answers

7
Dan Reich’s answer
To what the others have said I would add that Hamilton has a distinctive vibe, enhanced by the fact that the original military base was built in the '30s and was done in an attractive Spanish Revival style (stucco, dark wood trim and tile roofs) which set the tone for the modern neighborhoods that have sprung up since the base was decommissioned. Some of the older homes and buildings remain and have been integrated with the newer developments, and the hangars have been repurposed as appealing office space. This strong sense of style and history sets Hamilton apart from other recently-built communities.
Hamilton is a great area to live. The weather is incredible. The wind will kick up a little along the levee and on some of the hiking trails. Hamilton School is right at the Main Gate entrance. There is also the Novato Charter School in Hamilton. The high school for the area is Novato High School. Many things for kids and teens to do. There actually is a skate park in Hamilton as well as a community pool. You can walk to the Hamilton Market Place from anywhere in Hamilton. There is a Pete's coffee and a few nice places to eat. I highly recommend the Hamilton area for any family looking for the best on Novato living.
Hamilton Field's weather is blessed by the fact that it lies far enough north so that it is almost entirely not impacted by the Summer fog that rolls in and out of the Golden Gate. So, you get what you want -- Sunny Days in the Summer. Also, because it is adjacent to The Bay, it keeps cool (as opposed to further inland where Summer temperatures can be 10 degrees higher). Great climate.

There is a public pool at Hamilton Field -- it was just re-done in 2009. There is a kid pool and a big pool. It is right across from South Gate and new construction at The Landing at Hamilton.

Novato High services Hamilton Field, there are a gazillion things for teens to do (the pool is a good start, but there are biking trails, a skateboard park, and even a museum or two). Hamilton Landing, which is a mid-sized outdoor mall sits at the entry to Hamilton Field and a mega mall is one exit away. Bus service goes through Hamilton along a shuttle system. It is a great community with great people.
The weather in Hamilton Field and Novato is mild. I don't know if you're from CA or not but we are very fortunate with our climate. Hamilton Field is a beautiful community and does have a pool that is being restored. Hamilton Field is a little remote but there is also bus service available.
Yes, yes, yes. The weather ranks highly in this region! Public pool is under a serious modern renovation and will be reopened next year. The high school is Novato High, however; intradisctict transfers don't seem to be an issue. There is a Christian Academy, and other private schools all around Marin County. There is a skate park, movie theatre close by, a new Hamilton Market Place with a plethora of different shops like a Grocery Store with Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Sushi Bar, Gellato Bar, Nut Bar, Honey station, Bank and a Sinature cafe inside. Also a Peets Coffee Shop, McDonalds, Hotel, Airport Bus Service, and too many others to mention. We are currently working on more teen venues. Isolated? Please see for yourself, or contact me direct for more detail.
Hi there,

You might find this link helpful. http://www.ci.novato.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=377
It is a page from the City of Novato's website: FAQs about Hamilton Field. You will probably find other information that is of interest about Novato on their website also. I live in Marin with teen daughters, so I can appreciate your concerns.

Don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any further questions.

All the best, Leslie

Leslie Jacobson
McGuire Real Estate
415.686-2664
Hi Shopperohnine:

I live and work in Novato, Marin. I know Novato and Hamilton (or other pockets in Novato) very well. I also know a lot of ins and outs at the high school level since both my sons went through the public school system (older one is Sophomore in college, younger one is Junior in high school) and I volunteer extensively for the high school.

Please give me a call to discuss Hamilton, what it was, what it is, and what it will be. The commons facilities / businesses / stores, etc. in and around Hamilton, the high school - Novato High, which is the neighborhood school and San Marin High, which is also convenient with inter district transfer. I can also fill you in on the properties that's available there and surrounding area.

On a high level, I am familiar with the whole Novato and surrounding towns.

You have a lot of questions and they really need to be answered in person.

Please email me with the best time/number to call, or I can be reached at (415) 717-0293 so we can discuss your concerns. Please feel free to check on my profile, and I look forward to hear from you!

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA