Quality of Life in Suffolk>Question Details

Grace, Other/Just Looking in VB, VA

What's the Brewer Ave area of Suffolk, VA like? Family friendly? Safe? Good schools?

Asked by Grace, VB, VA Sun Jan 20, 2008

We are looking to move to a location central to my work (Regent University, Virginia Beach) and my husband's (sales, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg). We are considering Suffolk and a property on Brewer Ave looks interesting but we are not familiar. Need a family friendly neighborhood with good schools, safe, etc. Trying to figure out what kind of area this is around Brewer... Anyone know?

Answers

1
Grace,

The area you're referring to is the historic downtown area of Suffolk, which has been going through a transformation – for the better. Many of the older homes that were built in the late 1800’s to early 1900's, such as the two properties I see currently for sale on Brewer, have been independently renovated and are really nice homes.

The surrounding area, like most historic communities going through such transformations, come with a price as you may have to endure looking at older, blighted homes next to yours or down the street.

However, based upon your price range and locations to both you and your husband's work, I'm wondering if Chesapeake might be more centrally located for your needs as the "real time" drive from Suffolk to Regent's University could be as long as 30-40 minutes - one way.

I'm a Realtor and Accredited Buyer Representative who services the Suffolk, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach areas. If you'd like to receive a list of properties in this price range via email, please contact me through my website or call me at (757) 303-0517. If you do contact me thru my website, please provide the grades your children are in as well.

Frank Biganski, Realtor ABR