Quality of Life in Novato>Question Details

Linda, Home Buyer in Tiburon, CA

What's it like to live in Bel Marin Keys? What are the demographics? Is there a feeling of community there or?

Asked by Linda, Tiburon, CA Wed Jan 21, 2009

is it transient? Does it feel isolated from the rest of Novato/Marin?

Answers

3
Dan Reich’s answer
I live here and have found it to be a very close-knit and friendly community. The community center hosts meetings for the men's club, women's club and yacht club (which doesn't require you to own a yacht) the neighborhood is very dog-friendly, and living on the lagoon offers an unending panorama of changing light, waterfowl and tranquil views. The fact that it is at the end of the road makes it feel almost as though it is its own island, yet it doesn't feel isolated at all, as it's a short drive to great shopping and restaurants. Its perfectly flat terrain is ideal for walking and biking, and kayaking around the lagoons is a popular pastime. Many old-time residents sport license plate holders that say "We are unique...Bel Marin Keys" and I couldn't agree more.
My parents have lived in Bel Marin Keys since 1988. I lived in BMK during my middle and high school years. It was a great place to grow up. It has a very relaxed feel and our neighbors are warm. My mom always says, "if you're luck enough to have a house by the water, you're lucky enough". If you are looking to move to BMK I would suggest finding a home on the lagoon and not on the river. Many homes have beautiful views of Mt. Tam and China Camp. The demographics are like most other neighborhoods in Marin. It's amazing, 5 minutes off the freeway and you are in a different world. Hope this helps! Al
Web Reference: http://www.loans360.net
It is like vacationing every day of your life. The water view is fabulous, you can sail to any where in the world from your own back yard.
there is definitly a sense of community.
No you do not feel isolated at all