MOLOMANDER,  in Jacksonville, FL

What piece of advertisement from real estate agents, does the public just cringe at?

Asked by MOLOMANDER, Jacksonville, FL Tue Oct 14, 2008

Answers

3
Robbeaux’s answer
Great topic
I am new to real estate within the last year.
My pet peve is the pictures on business cards, in most cases If ihad to pick an agent out of a line up based on the picture on thier business card I would give up. Pictures taken 10 years ago says you still do business like it was done 10 years ago.

As a side note, body language training generally says when someone puts thier hands near their mouth they are lying.

It should be simple the more people I help the more money I make.
My vote would be anything that includes a picture of the realtor with: his or her chin resting on their finger or hand; some frou-frou pet that seems to say, 'see I'm an animal lover so Ideserve your business' or anything that doesn't tell someone looking at the ad, website etc. WIIFM.

As a realtor, although I love our dog, I wouldn't choose doctor because he or they had a dog or because I saw a picture of them contrived in an attempt to make them look thoughtful or intelligent.

There's nothing wrong with trying to project that you are friendly and want to deliver top notch service to your clients or potential clients but sometimes realtors go about this in ways that seem over the top or inane because they try to establish commonality on things that just aren't relevant to the business, pet ownership or, completely inexplicably, pointing to their chins.

As Seinfeld would say, "What's up with that?"
Hi, Seneca;
I agree with Bob, but I think it makes other Realtors cringe more than the public. The marketing gurus say that it doesn't really matter what the 'gimmick' is, the purpose is differentiate you from the rest of the crowd. So, like Bob, I would never choose a Realtor based on a dog on the biz card or perched above the yard sign, the average Joe Public just temembers that 'we like the house with the dog on the sign'. When they go to find the Realtor, or the Broker, what they'll remember is the dog on the sign.
I think the public cringes at all the self serving advertisements that Realtors have traditionally put out (like 'Million Dollar Producer') that is all about the Realtor and nothing about the customer. As a customer, I'm much more moved by advertising that answers the "WIIFM" question and gives me value a proposition.
Are you asking because you are putting together an advertising campaign or just out of curiosty?
Web Reference: http://www.ericsellsjax.com