Conny, Home Buyer in Yonkers, NY

What part of ynkers is the best area to live?

Asked by Conny, Yonkers, NY Tue Nov 22, 2011

Meaning a quiet area, less crimes, less shooting

Answers

8
Hi Connie,

There are lots of quiet beautiful areas in Yonkers in which to live. It all depends on what is important to you such as close to transportation, schools, shops Etc. Call or email me to discuss or to see how I can help you search without a big sale pitch or any committment. There are some great deals out there!

Tony Murphy

Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
Office: 914-328-8400 ext 329
Fax: 914-328-7902

Website: http://www.TonyMurphyHomes.com
Yonkers has five zip codes. There are 37 or more distinct neighborhoods. The median income for a household in the city was $44,663 in 2000, and the median income for a family is $53,233. Each neighborhood has its own distinct income median, attractions, benefits and challenges.

Your best recourse is the determine your budget and find properties that fit your budget. If you need assistance...AskRey.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rhollingsworth@houlihanlawrence.com
Web Reference: http://AskRey.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 22, 2011
Hi, As agents we are prohibited by law from sterring a prospective buyer towards any particular area. What I typically do with my customers is setup a needs assessment/consultaion where we can review your specific criteria and help you formulate your own opinion. I have sold alot of real estate in Yonkers and find most love it for the easy commute to the City and local amenities. You can visit my website below and review school/crime reports as well as area demographics.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 22, 2011
A Licensed Real Estate Agent is unable to answer that question. First it is illegal and second if we did make a suggestion for or against and it didn't agree with your personal views and needs you most likely won't work with that Agent. An agents job is to show you homes. If you hire a buyers agent you have a higher level of protection. For example if will tell your buyers agents your wants your needs, your concerns and your buyers agent will use their experience and the experience of their affiliated office to make sure you know where to get the information you require to make the best decisions with your search. The agent is not allowed to have an opinion on your search as it is "your search". I can say for example I like this house or I don't like this house and influence you and that would be wrong. The only person who is important is you the buyer. I recommend you find a buyers agent to better guide you but one that will not influence you or project their own wants or needs upon you.
Best area should be defined and dictated by personal preferences, finances, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore if unfamiliar with the areas do take the time and visit more than once and at different times of day, then determine best for you....for any crime concerns, do contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand.
Hi Conny,

Yonkers seems to fit the criteria you are looking for. It is a relatively quiet city and it is on the top 10 of safest cities in the country. I have lived, worked and raised my family in Yonkers and think you will be very happy here. You will find additional information and can search for homes on my website. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Debby Frank
(914) 498-5443
debbyshomes@aol.com
Hi: I can definitely help you find out crime statistics for different neighborhoods in Yonkers. Please call my office for more information at: 914-273-9688. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Have a nice day. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits. Happy Thanksgiving. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty.
Hi Conny,
I have lived in Yonkers for 33 years both in the Northwest section and in the Northeast section and I have never heard of a shooting in all that time.
Both areas are quiet, even off Central Ave.
I hope this helps you in making your decision.
Eileen Vandernoot
NYS Licensed Real Estate Sales Person
Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty
914-261-8303