Trulia San J…, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

What is your favorite thing about Willow Glen?

Asked by Trulia San Jose, San Jose, CA Tue May 7, 2013

Answers

8
Some lovely homes near small scale commercial ... great feelings. The upbeat feeling of a friendly home inevitably makes "Do you know the way to San Jose ..." come to mind. I love being able to walk to local shops.

San Jose Willow Glen real estate statistics http://julianalee.com/san-jose/willow-glen-statistics.htm

Although Willow Glen commands a premium price compared to much of San Jose it is still quite affordable compared to many local cities.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
Willow Glen is an eclectic mix of old Santa Clara meets modern day. While preserving elements of the past in many of the surrounding homes and bungalows, new and modern innovations, homes and shopping establishments are dropped seamlessly into the landscaping without disrupting the old feel of the community. Willow Glen cherishes its connection with the past by continuing to maintain a thriving downtown area which is, for many residents, accessible by bike or on foot.

The best part about Willow Glen is the activities during the warm summer nights. Much a town right out of the 50s, Willow Glen's night life is more "community" life than bars and nightclubs. Its common to see families eatin at the local ice cream shop or window shopping along the main streets. There's good food and plenty of activity in the downtown area when the weather is warm.

That's my favorite part about Willow Glen...the warm evenings and the families who congregate in the area. It's like stepping back into my childhood.
I love the mix of older neighborhoods on streets with large mature trees with small businesses within walking distance. It does give an small town feeling to a very diverse part of big city San Jose. The older homes look charming aside the newer ones and many have wonderful landscaping that draws one in among the flowers and leaves. I love walking there every morning.
The small town feel in the heart of the big city.

Walking in downtown. The fact that pedestrians are respected. The great restaurants. Wonderful coffee shops. Fun little places like, Flower Flour. All of it combines to make Willow Glen a wonderful community.

Vickie Chandler
DRE#01443573
(408)839-2125
Love the old world atmosphere, the trees, and just the feel of the place.
Great place to live.
Allyson
If you close enough to Lincoln Avenue and in the heart of downtown, you can walk to everything. The public library, Starbucks, Pizza my Heart, Hickelbies book store, Rite Aid, Bank of America, Pete's coffee, Subway, Noah's bagels.....and the list goes on.

Jim Mauldwin
Intero Real Estate
DRE # 01125380 since 1991
Jmauldwin@interorealestate.com

408-863-3020
Web Reference: Http://www.jimmauldwin.com
Memories!!!

As a small child I spent much time at my grandparents house in Willow Glen. It was a two bedroom, one bathe home with a detached garage on a spacious lot. My grandfather loved to garden – vegetables – and his yard was fabulous.
Just one?

The mature trees, vintage homes, walking downtown, and festivals.
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com