Aric, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

What is the airport noise like in East Boston. Are some areas in the neighborhood better than others?

Asked by Aric, Boston, MA Tue Dec 30, 2008

Answers

5
The noise in east boston is bad at the begining but eventually you get used to it. I have resided in eastie years and eventually you get used to the noise. alot of homes in particular orient heights section have massport windows and they help reducing the noise.I hope this inf helpful nad i hope you can make eastie your next home. Im a local Real estate agent and if you need any assitance please contact me at Arquimides.chinchilla@perlera.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 20, 2012
It's getting better and the noise isn't as bad as you think
Have you considered next door - Winthrop? Winthrop is more residential / less commercial than Eastie and the beaches/views are a bonus. It's a lovely little community. Noise-wise MASSPORT pays for soundproofing windows! :)

I specialize in the North Shore so please let me know if I can help you with your search. My help is no cost to you - as a Buyer's Agent working for YOU.
Jefferies Point- no noise. Bay views, new parks and walking trails.
Forget about the Airport noise. There's more noise from the Latin people playing salsa music from the cars, blowing the car horns and yelling in the streets. This goes on any hour of the day. I would rather put up with the noise from the planes any time. Moving to East Boston is like living in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Rio and Central America combined. If you are on welfare or illegal Eastie welcomes you. I would advise to look somewhere else more desirable. Big mistake to ever move here.